News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

FAM is bronze?

I am sure its not possible to ID the owner. Medal of the St. Henry is awarded more then 9500 times during the 1840-1918 period and its just for the NCO-s. There can be lots of them, who worked in the police after on. So, what you know - your bar owner was a Saxony Gefreiter or Unteroffizier during WW1 and after the war worked in the police (TR period).

Now what I am not 100% sure and I hope someone can tell me, if I am wrong:

- LS award he got probably after the war for the WW1 period service in the front.... :unsure:

- Probably before the 1935 Saxony St. Henry medal and FAM was mounted before the EK2 on the bar but new rules in the TR moved EK2 to the front and Hindenburg was added before the LS awards... :unsure:

Anyway, its very very great bar to have! :cheers: St. Henry medal is probably one of the nicest award for a NCO-s I think :jumping:

I hope Rick and another skilled members can add lots of extra information here to you! :cheeky:

Edited by Noor

FAM is bronze?

I am sure its not possible to ID the owner. Medal of the St. Henry is awarded more then 9500 times during the 1840-1918 period and its just for the NCO-s. There can be lots of them, who worked in the police after on. So, what you know - your bar owner was a Saxony Gefreiter or Unteroffizier during WW1 and after the war worked in the police (TR period).

Now what I am not 100% sure and I hope someone can tell me, if I am wrong:

- LS award he got probably after the war for the WW1 period service in the front.... :unsure:

Probably before the 1935 Saxony St. Henry medal and FAM was mounted before the EK2 on the bar but new rules in the TR moved EK2 to the front and Hindenburg was added before the LS awards... :unsure:

Anyway, its very very great bar to have! :cheers: St. Henry medal is probably one of the nicest award for a NCO-s I think :jumping:

I hope Rick and another skilled members can add lots of extra information here to you! :cheeky:

Thanks. I?m very pleased, because I?ve longtime after a St Heinrich medal. Yes, the FAM is in Bz

Regards

Miguel

Guest Rick Research

Noor's absolutely right on all points. :cheers:

It is simply a great bar for a very brave junior NCO.

There should be a Polizei device on the last ribbon. Early models had a little "single ribbon bar" with the large embroidered device on it pinned through the medal bar ribbon:

That was awkward, so then they used a single piece of ribbon with the eagle embroidered directly onto it-- which required having to slit the wide ribbon. :speechless1:

If there is NO sign of a missing Polizei device, then the final Cross was probably actually a civil service Treudienstkreuz for 25 years that has been replaced by an incorrect Polizei Cross.

Congratulations on a nice bar, Miguel. I love the St. Henry Medal. Is yours an award piece or private purchase? On that note, does anyone have an award number for the St. Henry Medal in the Franco-Prussian War?

Congratulations on a nice bar, Miguel. I love the St. Henry Medal. Is yours an award piece or private purchase? On that note, does anyone have an award number for the St. Henry Medal in the Franco-Prussian War?

IMO is an award piece...I would know. me too, if there are list of recipients of this medal!!!! :jumping:

Thanks

Miguel

Guest Rick Research

For 1914-18, yes--Roth's Autengruber Band X, 1997 now gone out of print. I've never heard of one for 1870-71, but I suppose it is or was out there.

We will be re-working the Saxon volumes done by the late Erhard Roth in Perfect Krause Format at some point down the line, but there are so many NEVER published rolls still "in the works" that 2nd editions have to wait. There aren't enough hours in the day.

Meanwhile, I think when you get this medal bar, you will find that it did NOT have a Polizei Cross on it and it will be a simple matter to fix it with those clip in and out black suspenssion hooks to put in a CORRECT 25 Years Treudienst.

For 1914-18, yes--Roth's Autengruber Band X, 1997 now gone out of print. I've never heard of one for 1870-71, but I suppose it is or was out there.

We will be re-working the Saxon volumes done by the late Erhard Roth in Perfect Krause Format at some point down the line, but there are so many NEVER published rolls still "in the works" that 2nd editions have to wait. There aren't enough hours in the day.

Meanwhile, I think when you get this medal bar, you will find that it did NOT have a Polizei Cross on it and it will be a simple matter to fix it with those clip in and out black suspenssion hooks to put in a CORRECT 25 Years Treudienst.

Really...??I?ll be very happy If I can mad this without truble...

The list on the St. Heinrich will be great...If I can Got it.

Thanks Rick, You?re a friend :beer:

Miguel

gentlemen........................................................ christmas-heiko is coming this year a bit earlier........................ :rolleyes: ........................and he brings a little gift to Miguel :cheers:

the police long service is ABSOLUTELY correct on this bar!!!!

Do you know why...............................??????????????????

Because of.............

THAT:

this bar, your bar - exactly this bar - once belonged to my collection................................. and as you know I loved bars with names.................. this one had a name too................. and with this bar there came a lot of documents, papers and award documents!!! It seems that now another group has been broken off by some **** people :angry:

This bar belonged to a policeman from Leipzig - a Kriminalkommissar !!!

Now the problem............. I don`t have the name anymore because of my lost datas..... :( but I will see what I can do for you.....

Merry christmas!!! :beer:

Heiko

Edited by HeikoGrusdat

this bar, your bar - exactly this bar - once belonged to my collection................................. and as you know I loved bars with names.................. this one had a name too................. and with this bar there came a lot of documents, papers and award documents!!! It seems that now another group has been broken off by some **** people :angry:

This bar belonged to a policeman from Leipzig - a Kriminalkommissar !!!

Now the problem............. I don`t have the name anymore because of my lost datas..... :( but I will see what I can do for you.....

Merry christmas!!! :beer:

Heiko

Very good news...I?m very pleased...!!! :jumping:

Pity that you lost the files. :speechless:

At the auction it was tell that the owner was a "Kripo" member but that the papers are not sell in this auction. I?ask the seller but the only paper that comes with are that of Detlev Niemann "expertize", that identified the medals as corresponding...

Great anyway Heiko!!

Thanks a lot :beer:

Miguel