News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here a jacket which I have got today: Now maybe I disgrace myself, but I would like to introduce this jacket to you sometimes, and hear your opinion in addition. The basic colour of the jacket goes more in blue-grey-violet and the material scratches clearly more than with the usually usual jackets. Inside three kinds of materials have been sewn, bright and a green cotton and a rayon material.

I believe I have seen this kind of the Vern?hung of belt loops already once with army jackets. If this thinks would still be OK. What is to be said still to the jacket, you had never sewn a breast eagle had also she never had the buttons for both outside pockets and shoulder flaps.

The collar has no zigzag seam at the back, better said he generally lacks a seam.

Any stamp marks on the inside?

From what I can see, it looks like it is OK. Are the fixures present for the shoulder insignia? Any evidence of prior collar tabs and eagle?

To was entitled to the jacket is to be said, it has been carried a little, but even a little. The spots on the jacket are to mucky spots, but I think of it one should not be deceived. Stamps are to be recognised none and will never probably have been also in it.

So which opinion do you have to the jacket?

Does have to no one opinion to the jacket?

Does somebody still need detailed pictures?

Or even does one know this kind of the jacket as a copy? About every tip I would be grateful. What is surprised me a little bit the fact that it finished not properly. There are no a few buttons also of the heels for the collar is not there. Oh under ultraviolet light nothing is to be seen.

Hello!

I am torn by this jacket. IT is very unusual. I would have to hold it in hand to know for sure. I am sorry that I cannot be of more help. I will do some research though.

Regards

Paul

Thank you Paul!

I am also confused very much, there are only two possibilities for me around such a jacket to explain:

The first variation - it never is a late war jacket them was finished. Therefore never came to the depot of the air force, received so no stocks and stamps. There were such jackets after the war enough, in the depot as well as with the manufacturers. These jackets were sold or even later simply to civil jackets changed.

(My grandma was a naval assistant and has worked even at the end of the war in a marine depot and after the war has published the things against food. Why should this not be with the manufacturers also passed?)

But justified, that the strong divergence of the norm? The additional back seam, the strongly changed and shed inside feed, et cetera ?

The second variation - it is not a bad copy of a tailoring exactly knew like the cuts of the jacket were and also with inside feed some mistakes did and for reason at all the buttons and the collar chopping have left out.

Edited by woodeye

Can you show a closeup of the cuffs and underneath both collars? Any evidence of a breast eagle? Any markings? Any evidence of once having collar tabs or if shoulder boards were present? Loops? Buttons? This may look like a Fliegerbluse at first glance but it is missing a lot of characteristics.

Here Gene are a few pictures, if it has made sometimes during the day.

As said, up to which buttons they are in it, no one else was in it. There are no both pocket buttons, the inside buttons of the sleeves, which of the shoulder flaps, in the inside collar and upper on the inside of the button strip. Of course the collar hook is never also absent this was. Also all stocks which were never sewn definitely are absent.

The Picture show the backside of the collar

too last one more colour comparison with an original airman's blouse. The right one is an original, it cons on the dubious.

The longer I will with the jacket concern all the more I come to the realise that it concerns here around kopie. Very probably around an older copy, because it smells old. Now this sounds a little bit funny maybe, but I pay attention there very strongly on it. To the new things differently smell than old ones...

Or what do you mean?

Thanks for the extra photos. The wool looks like it is a different texture as well. I am not liking this tunic very much. The soiling looks new and contrived. I am thinking that it could be a reenactor's tunic? I could be wrong, but I am not thinking that it is a period item based upon the photos I am seeing.

Regards

Paul

Thank you Paul and nesredep for your opinions, i have the same opinion.

On reenactor I have not come at all, but with those it makes no difference I believe that the jacket completely does not correspond to the original. By the way, I have found one more place also for a modern production speaks. The felt inside material was fixed with a glue he has a honeycomb pattern. I have seen such a thing still them...

However the jacket goes back again. Since, actually, I would like to have no jacket in my collection in which I have doubts.

I think it is tailored from some other kind of jacket.

I would save my money for a text book example.

Best

Chris

I have a few nice books, but, nevertheless, there are not still exceptions to the rule in books in text or picture is described. My first suspicion was also to be seen kopie. Nevertheless, I wanted the community around her judgment to ask.

But which book would you recommend?

thanks woodeye

Edited by woodeye

• 5 months later...