News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1916 Irish Rebelion Medal for Combatant

Seller admits his item to be a copy!!! How many others would!!! :unsure:

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRISH-WAR-OF-INDEPENDE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Seller harp12v6q Blurb:-

Reproduction,,,,,with Comrac Bar, These reproductins are made with slight differences to the original and so will never be mistaken for the originals,,in that way we are protecting the original historical medals.

Pictures:-

And theres MORE:-

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRISH-1916-Rising-Surv...1QQcmdZViewItem

A Good Reproduction of the famous irish 1916 Rising Survivors medal,,,,brand new,,

And More:-

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRISH-1916-Rising-comm...1QQcmdZViewItem

A Good Reproduction of the famous irish 1916 commemorative armband,,brand new,,

Seems all his German stuff is repro too

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

I saw the copy of the 1916-1966 medal at a Dublin fair recently and it is obvious it is not the genuine article and from what I have seen of the Black and Tan medal that looks pretty tacky as well. I suppose it was inevitable that copies would be produced eventually.

I suppose another way of 'protecting the original historical medals' would be to forgo the opportunity of making a quick buck and leave off producing such rubbish.

Tell me more about the (original) armband please? It's commemorative, but produced when?

The armband was given to 1916 veterans on the 19th anniversary of the Rising in 1935 and was worn on civilian clothes until the 1916 Medal was presented in 1941 on the 25th anniversary of the Rising.

I also saw the reproduction armband at the fair on Saturday and it is an obvious reproduction to those who are familiar with the original, if you are not familiar with the original then that would be a completely different matter.

I have no doubt the seller of the fakes medals on ebay is an honest and decent bloke. He is based in Cork and i have bought original medals from him and sold to him original medals back in 2002 and his collection of German militaria is excellent. He does sell repro but ALWAYS sells as that never says it is original. I am sure most of the items come from Pakistan as they will make almost anything and cheaply. Several companies email me regulary asking if i want items made such as medals and badges.

I have no doubt the seller of the fakes medals on ebay is an honest and decent bloke. He is based in Cork and i have bought original medals from him and sold to him original medals back in 2002 and his collection of German militaria is excellent. He does sell repro but ALWAYS sells as that never says it is original. I am sure most of the items come from Pakistan as they will make almost anything and cheaply. Several companies email me regulary asking if i want items made such as medals and badges.

By any chance has this chap any connection to the website "International Militaria" ??

Kevin in Deva. :cheers: