News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1935 jubilee medal

Guest pikemedals

Guest pikemedals

hi i have 1911 coronation police medal to a pc w fairhall who was pension off in 1936 would he be entitlement for the 1935 jubilee medal :food-smiley-004:

Interesting questions and to be honest I don`t know, have you tried the Met Museum? I take it he did serve in the Met. However, thinking about it I don`t think that this medal was issued on mass, I think it was a bit like the 1977 one, where on a few got it, but you never know PC Fairhall might have been one of the few.

You don't say what force he is with. If he is Met I don't think he is entitled to the 1935, are you sure on the spelling of the name ?

Although the Met Museum has recently closed they did not have a list of whom the 1935 Jubilee medal was awarded to. But the National Records at Kew do have, so you can check there.

For your info I am suprised he is not entiltled as it was awarded to those coming up for retirement so you would have thought he would have ?

Guest pikemedals

:violent-smiley-017: hi chaps many thanks for your information. he was in the met. animal his full name is willian fairhall. his officer joined the met in 12/06/1911. lucky boy 10 days in the job and got a medal. i find police order web site so easy to find officers records befor going to kews. did anyone go to the met museum in london and meet steve a nice bloke. but what a gasbag

Even though the Met Museum has closed, does anyone known whether they still carry out research? Or is all that information just gathering dust?

Re PC Fairhall, he certainly was a jammy guy, to only be in 10 days and get a gong!!!! Some Bobbies do their enter career and not get one!!!!!

• 16 years later...

Re the topic '1935 Jubilee Medal', I have an example with an engraved naming on the lower rim of 'SUPT.. D. McFARQUHAR, 6.5.35'. I suspect this is a privately added naming but would be keen to identify who the named person was. Any ideas on where to start?

David

1935 Jubilee McFARQUHAR impress combined CW.jpg

• 1 month later...