News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

some FFL Badges

hassemilitaria

Hello!

This is some of my badges from FFL

And I have this site.

www.hassemilitaria.dinstudio.se

Hassemilitaria,

Could you please clarify what you mean by FFL. From what I can see, you have some modern Foreign Legion badges, some qualification badges, but nothing from WW2 "Forces Francaises Libres".

Marc

Hassemilitaria,

Could you please clarify what you mean by FFL. From what I can see, you have some modern Foreign Legion badges, some qualification badges, but nothing from WW2 "Forces Francaises Libres".

Marc

Sorry I mean from the French Foreign Legion.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your badges.

No need to apologise, as far as I am aware FFL is a recognised acronym for the French Foreign Legion and the picture made it apparent what you were posting.

This is just an observation as one fellow forum member to another, I hope you can post some more.

Here sadly is my one and only.

Edited by Simon F

Badges 2 and 7 are not specifically Legion badges, they are used by the French armed forces in general (including the Legion). 2 is worn by instructors in some of the French commando training schools and 7 is for one of the overseas missions but I cannot recall whether it is FINUL or Epervier.

Can you show the reverse of badge 5 since I suspect it is a IILE restrike.

Regards,

Paul

Badge 7 is FINUL 420?me DSL that is UNIFIL (United Nation Interim Force in Lebanon), 420th Service Support Group (D?tachement de soutien logistique). Amazingly, there were always one or two infantry companies in this group, and sometimes from Foreign Legion. The Eagle on it stands for the 11th Airborne Division, which originally formed this group at the very beginning of UNIFIL.

Regards

Bison