News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Manchuko medal?

Laurence Strong

I believe this is Manchukan, but can't find reference on it.

What is it, and is it real?

Thanks for your help

It's the Order of the Pillars of State or Chu Kuo Chang, instituted by Imperial Edict 142 dated 14 September 1936 . Can't tell from the picture, but it looks as though it's all silver which would make it 6th - 8th Class. Specific class is distinguished by three, two or one silver bars on the ribbon, which appear to be missing. Otherwise, looks reasonably credible to me.

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately in this condition it is not worth much. The Order of the Pillars of State, as mentioned in an earlier post, shows the class through the use of ribbon clasps. Because of this the planchet on its own is not very collectible since most collectors will want an example with the original ribbon and clasps and the hook and eye assembly intact so as to be sure it is an original example of a specific class.