News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Polish 20 Year Service Medal - Hallmarked - Silver

Hello Everyone,

Here is the second medal I purchased on the weekend to add to my Polish collection.

It is a 20 year service medal that was awarded to both Civil and Military personnel. The medal is hallmarked with an inverted sheild-shaped mark with what is best described as looking like the Japanese Kanji symbol for the number 6, it is also marked "Ag. 0.095". The medal was instituted in 1938 and this particular medal looks to have a good deal of wear and age, so it may be an earlier one. The ribbon is faded but correct. The ribbon looks like it may have been meant to be in the triangular shape similar to the Austrian Medals of WW I. I say this because of the eyelet that can be seen in the obverse view.

Once again any comments are welcomed.

I hope you like my finds, they're not spectacular but I like them.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Guest Rick Research

Japanese style mounting indeed, but also used in Rumania-- the hook that was originally sewn on the reverse top of the folded back ribbon is gone?