News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 year later...

Latest addition to my collection is this Soldbuch to a Baudirektor Martin Ludwig serving under Der Chef des Heeresbauwesens beim Oberbefehlshaber des Ersatzheeres and Wehrkreisverwaltung I (East Prussia). It has a nice photo of the man wearing his KvK I Kl mit Schwertern on the inside front cover.

Wehrmachtbeamte-Heer really isn't my area so my files are thin on such matters so I would be grateful if anyone can provide information on the duties/responsibities that a Baudirektor would perform - or if they have any extra details on Martin Ludwig.

I believe Baudirektor is the equivalent to an Oberst as the photo does seem to show two pips on the epaulettes.

Dr. Martin was a senior official of the Army Construction Administration (Heeresbauverwaltung). As can be seen from the first page of his Soldbuch, he was promoted to the rank of Heeresbaudirektor (Oberst)on 1.8.41. He had previously held the rank of Oberregierungsbaurat (Oberstleutnant)with seniority of 1.7.37. His entry in the 1939 Rangliste of the Wehrmachtbeamte (Heer) shows him as a Oberregierungsbaurat on the Wehrkreis IX. administration staff.

Regards

Glenn

Many thanks for the extra information. Would a Baudirektor be involved in purely military related 'projects' or would his responsibilities also encompass civilian areas?

This has been transcribed from the "Heeresverwaltungs-Taschenbuch 1941/42".

Heeresbauämter (H.Bau-A.)

Sitz der H.Bau-A 47. Den sitz der H.Bau-A. u. H.Neubauämter bestimmt des O.K.H.

Aufgaben der H. Bau-A nehmen in den einzelnen Standorten ihres Bezirks den technischen Teil des Heeresbauwesens wahr. Sie wirken beim feststellender Baubedürfnisse, bei der Auswahl der Bauplätze u. auf Ersuchen der anderen Heeresverwaltungsbehörden bei den Arbeiten des diesen obliegenden Teiles der Heeresbauwesens mit. Die H.Bau-A. sind dafür verantwortlich daß für die festgestellten Baubedürfnisse an Um Erweiterungs- u. Neubauten zweckmäßige mit möglichst geringen Kosten herzustellende Bauausführungen vorgeschlagen u. die genehmigten Bauvorhaben technisch volkommen durchgefürt werden. Ferner tragen sie die Verantwortung für den guten baulichen Zustand der im Besitz oder in der Verwaltungs des Heeres befindlichen baulichen Anlagen. Der Aufgabenkreis der H.Bau-A. ist im einzelnen in der Wm.Verw.V V ) geregelt. Die H.Bau-A. benachrichtigen die Verwaltungsortsbehörden über die beabsichtigte Vornahme von Instandsetzungen oder baulichen Änderungen an einer im Gebrauch befindlichen baulichen Anlage. Die Nutznießer der Anlage werden erforderlichenfalls von der Verwaltungsortsbehörde verständigt.

Die Kassen- u. Buchungsgeschäfte für die H.Bau-A. u. H.Neubauämter erledigen die H.St.O.Kassen, unabhängig von der den H.Bau-A. usw. obliegenden Buchung u. Rechnungslegung durch Bauausgabebücher, nach den Bestimmungen der HKRO. (H.Dv 325).

Die H.Bau-A. wirken bei der Geräteverwaltung, soweit nach Wm.Verw. V. II vorgeschrieben mit.

Unterstellung 49.

Vorgesetzte Dienstbehörde der H.Bau-A. ist die WV. Die Baugeschäfte der H.Bau-A. beaufsichtigt der Heeresbaudirektor der WV.

Personal. 50.

Bei den H.Bau-A. leisten Dienst: Beamte des höheren technischen Dienstes (Hochbau) als Vorsteher des H.Bau-A.. Beamte des gehobenen technischen Dienstes (Hochbau) für den baulichen Dienst, Beamte des mittleren Dienstes, Angestellte als Hilfskräfte im Geschäftszimmerdienst u. für den baulichen Dienst.

Dienststellung des Vorstehers 51.

a) Der Vorsteher des H.Bau-A. wird durch das O.K.H. bestimmt des ihm auch die erforderlichen Beamten zuweist u. die Zahl der Hilfskräfte festsetzt. Vorübergehende Aushilfen bestimmt die W.V.

b) Der Vorsteher des H.Bau-A. ist Dienstvorgesetzter der Beamten des H.Bau-A. nach dem D.B.G. u. der bei ihm beschäftigten Angestellten. Sein Dienstvorgesetzter ist der Chef der W.V.

Verhältnis der H.Bau-A. zu den H.St.O.Verw.. anderes Heeresverwaltungsortsbehörden, Kommandobehörden u. Truppen.

52. Die H.Bau-A. u. die anderen am Baugeschäft beteiligten Heeresverwaltungsbehörden (H.St.O.Verw., Heeres-Lazarette usw.) müssen eich gegenseitig in allen Baufragen bereitwilligstunterstützen, auch dann, wenn das Erledigen dem H.Bau-A., oder einer anderen Verwaltungsortsbehörde allein obliegt u. gemeinsames Erledigen nicht ausdrücklich verfügt ist.

Den Truppenbefehlshabern, den Kommandaten, Standortältesten, Standortärzten, Standortveterinären u. den Leitern der Feldzeugkommandos haben die H.Bau-A. auf Verlagen mündlich u. schriftliche Auskünfte in Bauangelegenheiten zu geben. Besondere Dienstreisen zu diesen Zweck kommen im allgemeinen nicht in Frage. - Der Vorsteher des H.Bau-A. oder sein Vertreter hat seine Anwesenheit in auswärtigen Standorten seines Dienstbezirks dem Kommandanten oder Standortältesten der H.St.O.Verw. u. dem Heeresstandort oder Heereskurlazarett rechtzeitig mitzuteilen, damit Stellen mit ihm Besprechungen über Baufragen während seines Aufenthaltes veranlaßt werden können.

Wm.Verw.V. V wird z. Zt neu bearbeitet. Bis zur Herausgabe gilt die Bauv.O. (HDv. 324) dritter, fünfter u. sechster Teil soweit sie nicht durch Gesetze u. Sonderbestimmungen überholt sind.

I do have an English translation from Google I will post if some one is willing to correct it for me....sadly I am weak when it comes to the German language :(

Basically they are responsible for all the Army infrastructure. Be it construction or the maintenance of existing buildings. If I am not mistaken Section 50 describes the area the different career levels are in.

Hope this helps some

:cheers:

Larry

Edited by Laurence Strong

• 1 year later...

Something different. A Mercedes Benz staff car with "HV" marking on its fender. The organisational symbol underneath is for Nachschubtruppe

(Supply Troops).

23.jpg

A photo of the official who used the car to travel around in. What is his rank? Magazinmeister perhaps?

Cheers,

Larry

Beamten - 6.jpg

• 2 months later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 9 months later...
    On 6/16/2012 at 19:32, Laurence Strong said:

With many thanks to Kevin (Hucks216) i was able to find a HV Soldbuch Its for a lagermeister - which I believe would be a storesman. He has Elecvated tabs and NCO boards. Sweeeet :D

Once again many thanks Kevin :)

I will post more when it gets here.

cUntitled-590.jpg

So what are the odds of this happening.......

I bought it but never received it in the mail....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/german-army-passport-franz-laue-1.4494167

Alberta RCMP are looking for the owner of a World War II German army passport that was recovered during an arrest after property was stolen.

Red Deer RCMP recovered the passport on Dec. 13. 2017, they said in a release on Thursday. They believe it may be of sentimental or historical significance. 

The document has a photo of a man wearing glasses and a Wehrmacht — German army — uniform, and the name "Franz Laue."

Identification notes on the document seem to suggest that the man was a non-commissioned officer, with dog tag number 523 and blood type A. 

Police have contacted various families with the last name "Laue" but have yet to find the document's owner. 

Red Deer RCMP are asking the owner of the document to contact them at 403-406-2574. The owner will be asked to provide an additional description of the item or other information to prove ownership.

NSjlNSO.jpg

Cheers

Larry

I just put the dots together this morning...an old freind of mine made the connection...

The RCMP office appeared to be closed as no one answered the phone.

Going into Red Deer today to see the grand kids and will stop by the station.

I have no way of proving that it is mine besides the thread..I don't know who I bought it off of (a store in Florida) and PayPal records don't go back that far......

Cheers

Larry

Not knowing Canadian areas etc I'm assuming Red Deer isn't far from you in which case that is another pointer that it belongs to you otherwise what would the odds be that a SB that you bought and which got lost in the mail has rocked up just down the road instead of somewhere like Toronto or Vancouver?

It's home :D Was a 6 year wait....

I will post photo's this weekend.

Many thanks again for the lead Kevin

On 10/15/2015 at 20:13, Paul R said:

Larry,

The man in the lower photo appears to be a General Staff Officer, right?

Olaf,

Looking at  it closely it does appear that there are more than 7 serrations on the tabs, so yes a GSO.

Cheers

Larry

• 1 year later...
    On 18/07/2008 at 00:17, Laurence Strong said:

Thanks for the photo Roman.

With permision from Roman Slivin I have copied his photo here, and have added what info I have found out about him. many thanks to Diane Schriber for the following info

"One is a senior NCO / Paymaster candidate. When he finished his probationary candidacy he'll upgrade the boards. Note, also that senior NCO's who were officer candidates were authorized to wear Officers type collar tabs and chin cords on their visor caps."

post-99-1216336637.jpg

The description of this individual has been troubling me for some time. I am at a loss to understand how a Paymaster candidate (who would hold the rank of an active NCO) would wear the shoulder boards of an official of the pay groups A8 through A10. I have been through all the editions of the Allgemeine Heeresmitteilungen which described the insignia of rank and their subsequent alterations and I can find no reference to a candidate wearing this combination of insignia. As described on page 38 of the AHM 1935 (Rw. Minister, 20.3.35 V5 IIIa), the insignia as worn by solders who were appointed as paymaster candidates (Zahlmeisteranwärter) wore a speciality badge on the lower right sleeve with the letter V. (See also Angolia/Schlicht volume 2 page 26).

An order of 21 January 1942 (Ob.d.H., 21.1.42 - 25 g 14 - VA/Ag VI/V 1/Gr I (A) stated that the Zahlmeisteranwärter now wore the uniform of an official at the entry point for that career with the rank insignia of a Zahlmeister. To differentiate the candidate between those officials already holding the rank of either a substantive or non-substantive Zahlmeister, the candidate wore 1 cm wide lace strip across the base of the shoulder board in green.

Is this chap then perhaps an official with the equivalence of senior NCO rank who has just "upgraded" his collar patches as a personal preference?

If such an order as alluded to in the thread:

"One is a senior NCO / Paymaster candidate. When he finished his probationary candidacy he'll upgrade the boards. Note, also that senior NCO's who were officer candidates were authorized to wear Officers type collar tabs and chin cords on their visor caps.",

exists, I would certainly be most grateful for details.

Regards
    Glenn