News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have a couple of these Luftschutz member plaques. I assume they were mounted on the doors of homes so the neighbors would know who to turn to during air raids. I have seen other variations of these as well. If anyone has other variants or facts on these, I would be happy to learn about them. This first one is for an RLB Blockwart, or section leader. This shows signs of period use. The front shows patina, apparently from exposure to the elements. The protected reverse side is clean.

342ep9.jpg

I have never seen these before!! Very rare and significant pieces! Did you find these during your trips to Germany?

Hi Paul, I have seen other examples of the Mitglied plaque but I have never seen another Blockwart plaque. I found these locally in antique stores, years ago. I used to be very lucky with picking stuff up at flea markets and antique shops but this has become more and more difficult.

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

These are indeed nice little items and relatively inexpensive,or at least they used to be. I have a RLB member plaque but don't seem to be able to insert it directly into the thread. Is there any way one can do this or does it have to be linked from a site or need url? These plaques are nice looking items and relatively inexpensive or at least they used to be. I have seen a plaque like the RLB plaque above on a dealers site, I forget which one,but it was about 8 inches in diameter, quite a bit larger than one's usually seen.

Duzig(Bill)

Hello,

These are indeed nice little items and relatively inexpensive,or at least they used to be. I have a RLB member plaque but don't seem to be able to insert it directly into the thread. Is there any way one can do this or does it have to be linked from a site or need url? These plaques are nice looking items and relatively inexpensive or at least they used to be. I have seen a plaque like the RLB plaque above on a dealers site, I forget which one,but it was about 8 inches in diameter, quite a bit larger than one's usually seen.

Duzig(Bill)

Hi Bill! Welcome to the forum!!

Until you reach 50 posts, your photo size is restricted to 69kb or less. If you have trouble getting the image to post, please shoot me a PM and I can post it for you!

Regards

Paul

Hi Bill! Welcome to the forum!!

Until you reach 50 posts, your photo size is restricted to 69kb or less. If you have trouble getting the image to post, please shoot me a PM and I can post it for you!

Regards

Paul

Hello,

Paul thank you for that information. I will try to post a picture of item again. I believe it is within size limits. I don't have any reference info available right now but does someone know which type of RLB plaque is earlier? The type with the swastica or the type with the actual RLB lettering? Offhand I would think that the one with letters RLB enamelled would be the later type? Again thanks for your help and info.

Bill

Edited by Duzig