News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings, Can anyone explain why the LDO number L/58 in some publications, the maker is listed as Glaser and Sohne or Robert Souval? I have yet to get a difinative answer, and has had me puzzled for years. Thanks, Repadilla

It's quite simple really. The books which list L/58 as being Glaser & Sohne are wrong.

This is just another example of incorrect information being perpetuated by repetition in books down through the years, a lot of which was probably caused initially by confusion between PK (Pr?sidialkanzlei) Lieferant marks (without the L/ prefix) and the LDO Herstellernummer (with the L/).

Even today. long after this was all clarified, you will still find books being published which list PK numbers as LDO numbers.

There is absolutely no question that the L/58 designation belonged to Rudolf Souval as this wartime advert shows

Hi,

this is my personal experience, indeed, not uncontradicted :unsure: .

This differentiation is valid only for Souval.

Please, show me period pieces with L/58 (till may 1945).

I learn with pleasure something new.

If you can persuade me, I correct my opinion.

Regards

Uwe

Hi,

this is my personal experience, indeed, not uncontradicted :unsure: .

This differentiation is valid only for Souval.

Please, show me period pieces with L/58 (till may 1945).

I learn with pleasure something new.

If you can persuade me, I correct my opinion.

Regards

Uwe

Hi Uwe,

I see you already found the thread on the WAF.

I can't prove that the ek is a period piece, but I am convinced that it is good.

It's the second one in this style I have seen so far.

A good friend of mine has got an L/58 ek2, according to your theory that should be post-war as well then.

I am always willing to learn as well, but I am convinced the ek is a nice and original (period) piece.

Best regards,

Ben

Edited by ben bijker

Hi,

my Post 10 here was made before I have seen your thread on the WAF.

We had this discussion already in German forums.

I have seen some more pieces.

And personally I also have my problem with L 58 for EK 1 with screwback. But this is not the subject here.

Can you please show an angular picture (WAF), that we can see the difference in the height of the swastika in comparison to the beading, is it like this:

Regards

Uwe