Thai Victory Medals

jshorter

Hello Everyone!

I have a question about the various Thai Victory medals (WWII, Vietnam, Korean).

Is there a difference in the actual medal (or suspension device) of these medals (composition, size, verbage, etc.), or is the only difference between them the ribbon style?

L9060F.jpgL9063F.jpgL9061F.jpg

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide!! :D

Best regards,

Jason

Hello Everyone!

I have a question about the various Thai Victory medals (WWII, Vietnam, Korean).

Is there a difference in the actual medal (or suspension device) of these medals (composition, size, verbage, etc.), or is the only difference between them the ribbon style?

L9060F.jpgL9063F.jpgL9061F.jpg

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide!! :D

Best regards,

Jason

Sorry my Thai book is no help on this one. I've looked at the excellent pictures in the book, as well as the oners that I have, and I can see no differences. There is a difference in the captions alongside the pictures, but without a reader of Thai, that's no help either. (First line of ech looks identical; probably says something like "War medal"). I can scan the page if that helps.

Hugh

Maybe Jeff can dig something out of the Blass book.

By the way, Jeff, know where I can get a copy? I've got a pile of Thai medals, but no reference in any language that I speak.

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the information! Any little bit helps!! :)

Jason

We have a Thai friend, but I haven't wanted to burden her with translations. I'll ask her this specific question next time we see her.

Hugh

In my book it is written, that to a medal identical, but are made of different metal. Indochina campaign - dark bronze. WW II - white. The Korean war and Vietnam - yellow.

Hello!

I have never seen photographs of the Korean, or Vietnam, medals in yellow metal, only in white/silver. The Border Service Medal is in yellow/gold though.

L9160F.jpg242b_1.JPG

Jason

• 3 years later...