News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Legion Condor veteran Oskar Schmidt

Noor

Hello all,

I promised to myself that I will try to focuse more and more in the future to just imperial Germany ribbon - and medal bars but some how I really like my new purchase. And its 1957 year model ribbon bar :speechless: . What I was thinking :catjava: !?!?!?!

Anyway, its on the way now to me.

It's great bar for Legion Condor veteran Oskar Schmidt. One of the first volunterers who went in there.

Can someone please confirm his awards, also if you have some comments or information about this guy please post it up! Also picture would be nice....

06470605eb82c0_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

With many thanks to Noor :cheers: I'm now the new owner of this bar. :love::jumping: And as per his earlier request if anyone has or comes up with any information re: Oskar Schmidt, photos, WWII awards not shown on his 57 bar, wartime and/or postwar West German service... anything at all, :unsure: please let me know or post here. I'd be deeply grateful. :beer:

Also here's a shot of the reverse for reference:

The photo is Noor's and used with his kind permission. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a picture of him on a Legion condor book. I will have a look.

jacques

Hi Jacques,

If you could find that (or any other pics or info) and post it that would be FANTASTIC!!!! :jumping::jumping: I just received the bar today and it's even better than in the pics. :love:

Can't wait to see and learn more about him.

Many thanks! :beer:

Hi Jacques,

That's AWESOME!!!! :jumping::jumping::cool: Are there any other pics of him or any additional info? What is the book/author you got it from as I'd love to find a copy.

So terrific to be able to put the face with the item. Hoping to perhaps find some pics of him in his later West German uniform, perhaps wearing the same ribbon bar as that would be the ultimate best of the best... at least to me. :jumping::jumping:

Thank you SOOOOOOO much! I deeply appreciate all your help!!!! :beer: I definitely owe you one! :beer:

The spanish Lieutenant besides Schmidt in the above photo is Jose Ram?n Carpalsoro, still alive today; is the one in the middle of the below photo. Wearing the cap is Bravo, pilot of I-16 and former enemy; probably he fired him some rounds almost 70 years ago :cheeky:

Cheers

Francisco

Edited by francisco v.

Guest Rick Research

I can find TWO Oskar Schmidts in the Luftwaffe 1944, but have NO way to tell who was who:

MAJOR 1.8.42 #6-- he was born 17 January 1913

orrrrrrrrr

HAUPTMANN 1.9.44 #5, Oberleutnant 1.10.41 #84-- he was born 15 October 1916.

I would GUESS the younger Oskar was TOO young to be this man.

NO sources for Bundes-Luftwaffe.