News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

my early soviet pics!

well re-found these in a folder in my archive section on my pc so i thought you might like em!! these are all my early soviet pics i picked up in Dublin around 2001/2 (aahh the good old day!!)hope you like em!!

and the last sadly! tank and infantry brothers me thinks! one looks like he has an officers academy badge on him!! hope you like them all! :beer:

VERY nice pix. I love the early photos. I've been cataloguing a bunch of mine recently.

Could the young man on the right be wearing a DOSAAF Activist badge? Not that clear, but could be.

I especially like the pilot photo.

Thanks for letting us see these. Please post all you care to share.

Chuck

Thanks for relies!i love these pics and have no intention of selling them either!but i always wondered who these guys were and what happened to them!sadly nothing good should i shouldn't wonder!also sadly thats all i have!pity but im happy just to have them! :-)

Edited by paddywhack

no worries and thanks for liking them as much as i do!!!!actully if anyone does know what the badges that would be great as i actully no NOTHING of pre-war soviet badges(well i mean apart from the red banner lening etc!!! :cat::rolleyes::beer: )

thanks again! :beer:

no worries and thanks for liking them as much as i do!!!!actully if anyone does know what the badges that would be great as i actully no NOTHING of pre-war soviet badges(well i mean apart from the red banner lening etc!!! :cat::rolleyes::beer: )

thanks again! :beer:

Well, I'll try.

The middle guy in Post #1 looks to have a Pioneer Troops collar insignia. I can't tell on the other two.

In post #2 the guy on the left has an Osoaviakhim badge, "Ready for PVKhO" which is, I believe, Air and Chemical Defense.

Post #3 is pretty hazy. Maybe a Voroshilov Shooter's Badge on the left and a Ready for PVKhO on the right, but just guesses from the shapes.

In Post #4 I'd guess an early GTO badge on the left and an Osoaviakhim Voroshilov Shooter's Badge on the right.

In Post #6 the guy on the left is a tankist, of course. I think I'll retract my comment about the DOSAAF Activist badge on the right. That shape looks familiar but I can't quite place it. Seems like I should be able to ID that watch, too, but I can't quite do that either. Maybe it will come to me.

I hope that someone else can give you a little more help.

Thanks again for sharing these. That pilot looks like he just stepped out of "Dawn Patrol" or off of a DOSAAF poster.

Chuck