News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Assmann Alu / Buntmetal Pilots Badge

Here's another new birdie for the nest - a nice example of the 2nd Pattern Assmann Pilots Badge, with an aluminum eagle and buntmetal wreath. An Assmann Pilot variant I've been looking to pick up for quite some time now ever since I saw your example JTW. Hope you all like it!

ERIC

• 1 month later...

Hi Eric, and All,

What a star for your collection. Another rare, and I do say rare, example. Can you post the series (Assmann Pilots or P/Os) so I can see them 1, 2, 3, etc. I know the J1-3s, but Assmanns are tougher to find.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by mmiller

JTW,

I'm shocked it took you so long. (I hope that this time lapse is not a sign of 'life outside of the hobby'?!) Anyway, your images are perfect for what I was looking for. Super pieces. I don't know where you find all these variants, if that is the socially acceptable term di jour. But they are beautiful. It's easy to see how someone can become an Assmann enthusiast.

But now what happens when we introduce the later consecutive eagles? Is it like an A1, A2, and A3 scenario, mixing wreaths and eagles?

Best Regards,

MM

:beer: