News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: That is a VERY rare photo showing the sleeve insignia "Kreuz des S?dens" worn as a tradition insignia commemorating former police units from Cameroon, China, East Africa, the south Pacific islands, and Southwest Africa.

:jumping::jumping::jumping:

This Oberwachtmeister is wearing the old Weimar era uniform, so pre-1936. He is wearing the SA Sports Badge, so 1933+.

If there is anything written on it, it may be possible to tell exactly where his precise unit was. I don't have the list of which Police units wore this sleeve insignia, but I believe it exists and the Polizei experts here can help you more. If I remember, one unit was at a school, and the others were specific "Hundertschaften" scattered around Germany. Personnel were NOT veterans of the old Imperial colonial police themselves.

Terrific photo. :cheers:

:Cat-Scratch: That is a VERY rare photo showing the sleeve insignia "Kreuz des S?dens" worn as a tradition insignia commemorating former police units from Cameroon, China, East Africa, the south Pacific islands, and Southwest Africa.

:jumping::jumping::jumping:

This Oberwachtmeister is wearing the old Weimar era uniform, so pre-1936. He is wearing the SA Sports Badge, so 1933+.

If there is anything written on it, it may be possible to tell exactly where his precise unit was. I don't have the list of which Police units wore this sleeve insignia, but I believe it exists and the Polizei experts here can help you more. If I remember, one unit was at a school, and the others were specific "Hundertschaften" scattered around Germany. Personnel were NOT veterans of the old Imperial colonial police themselves.

Terrific photo. :cheers:

Hello!

Rick

Thank You for very good help.I wil try to take a Photo of the back.

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

I knew I'd seen that patch before . . . but where?

Of course !!! Uniforms, Organization & History of the German Police by J Angolia and HP Taylor

From the book-

At a ceremony held on 29 May 1934 at the main officer's training school in Berlin-Lichterfelde

the traditional insignia of the polie troop of German East Africa was bestowed on the men of

1. Hundertschaft/LPG "General Goring." This was the "Southern Cross", worn as a cloth

badge on the lower left sleeve.

Hope it helps

I knew I'd seen that patch before . . . but where?

Of course !!! Uniforms, Organization & History of the German Police by J Angolia and HP Taylor

From the book-

At a ceremony held on 29 May 1934 at the main officer's training school in Berlin-Lichterfelde

the traditional insignia of the polie troop of German East Africa was bestowed on the men of

1. Hundertschaft/LPG "General Goring." This was the "Southern Cross", worn as a cloth

badge on the lower left sleeve.

Hope it helps

Hello!

Yes this help me.Thanks for good help. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

• 3 years later...

Here's another. The Schupo badge on the left sleeve is for Berlin.

Dieter Deutsche, in his book Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen 1936-1945 (1st edition 1990), explains that the badge was also worn by:

Nov. 1938: Schupo Kiel, Hamburg, Bremen, Schupo-Reitstaffel Berlin,

Juni 1939: Schupo-Hunderschaft Stuttgart,

Nov. 1942: das Stammpersonal der Polizeichule für Auslandsverwendung Oranienburg, III. Bataillon des Polizei-Regiments 5

From Juli 1943 the badge could be worn by personnel of the Orpo who had served in the German colonies, with the Schutzrtruppe or the Landespolizei.

In it was no longer allowed to wear the badge.

sb52yg.jpg