Military Valour and Merit

I hope this one haven?t been talked about earlier, I have to admit that I missed that Long service medals for Ministery of Interior had been

discussed in another thread by Rick :blush: when I showed mine in another thread...

But I think theese are new.

The Order of Civil Valour and Merit shown in a earlier thread was instituted 1966 so its maybe a suprise that it took 8 years before Military personel got a similar order.

28th of May 1974 the new order was instituted in two classes Gold and Silver.

I dont know on what grounds theese orders was awarded but only a total of 8746 pieces was awarded until 1991.

Here is the two boxes for I and II class

Christer

Edited by christerd

It not that easy to see on my pictures but the order is made out of at least three pieces

1 the "background"

2 the middle with roundel and text

3 the lion

In the first issues the red is enamel I think, but the last issues seems to have plastic instead :speechless:

Christer

Edited by christerd

And here is a late awarded First class Order, notice the small hanger so called "baby" hanger theese come late 80s I think and not many orders/medals

was awarded with this smaller hanger, but you often see loose orders/medals that not have been awarded with this small hanger.

Christer

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...