News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Does anybody have more information and perhaps a picture of the Regimentskommandeur FR 34 Konrad Kraehe

I've got this so far.

15/05/1868-10/01/1943

Pour le Merite:

Eichenlaub:

01/02/22 Generalmajor

01/02/25 Generalleutnant honoraire

31/03/25 Retired

27/08/39 General der Infanterie honoraire

Guest Rick Research

SekLt 17.4.88

PremLt 18.6.95 Tt in 1902 7./Inf Rgt 48

Hptm 12.9.98. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in 1907 8./ Inf Rgt 44

Maj 10.9.10 B2b in 1914 I./F?s Rgt 34

OTL 18.4.15 Ff

Oberst 22.3.18 U2u

HOH3X gazetted 21.11.16

BMV4XmKr awarded 14.12.14

KO4X for China

RAO4mKr

XXV

HH

SS2a

I've searched through my records, but unfortunately can't find my notes regarding the source for the picture, only that I downloaded it on 29 September, 2004. Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Best regards,

VJK

Hptm 12.9.98. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in 1907 8./ Inf Rgt 44

The then Hauptmann Kraehe was transfered from Infanterie-Regiment von St?lpnagel (5. Brandenburg.) Nr. 48 on 22 March 1907 into Infanterie-Regiment Graf D?nhoff (7. Ostpreu?.) Nr. 44. This was the occasion of his being granted a very preferential improvement on his Patent of seniority of 12.9.98. It was not unusual for captains on transfer to another regiment to typically gain this sort of seniority in order to balance out the relative seniority of officers within the entire infantry branch across the different regiments.

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

And another perfect illustration of how convoluted German seniority was-- the 1898 rank date being from... 1907!!! :cheers:

• 6 years later...

Hello,

here we have two pics of Konrad Kraehe

First picture shows him as a captain with the combatant ribbon (KO4x). The Photo was taken in 1910

The second one shows him some years later as a General der Infanterie but with all his awards

I know six years of delay but I hope the search is still of interest.

Best wishes

Karsten

Edited by Leutwein

Very nice pictures, Karsten. I remember bangning my head after missing the post-war photo of Krähe on Sascha's update a couple of years back. Please get in touch if you ever deciding to pass it on.

I believe the picture of the young Krähe was on the Berliner Auctionhouse. Missed out on this as well. :( But they're in a good collection. :)

Here is a picture of him as a Major in 1913 on a state visit by the king of Italy.

Best regards

Christian

Edited by Christian J

Hello Christian,

thanks a lot for your friendly words. If you are interested for pictures with a higher quality, send me a personal message.

Interesting picture but it seems that Kraehe isn´t wearing his "china-awards"?!

Best wishes

Karsten

Karsten, Christian,

Interesting picture but it seems that Kraehe isn´t wearing his "china-awards"?!

because this officer is Hauptmann (later Generalmajor) Hartwig v. Bülow, company commander of 9./F.R. 34 (note the Johanniter)

Regards
    Glenn

Karsten, Christian,

because this officer is Hauptmann (later Generalmajor) Hartwig v. Bülow, company commander of 9./F.R. 34 (note the Johanniter)

Regards

Glenn

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. At a second look at the postcard, it's written v. Bülow on the margin. :sleep:

Though he has a striking resemblance to Krähe.

Best regards

Christian