For those interested the photo in CCJ's post is Feldmarschalleutnant Josef Sch?n, Kommandant K.K. 22 SchD. If you look closely just to the bottom left hand side of his uniform jacket, you can see the ribbon of the MMTO showing and this is how I ID him :D

Hello Ian

I'm interested, but I don'y see any ribbon. :banger:

Boris,

Look just to the left (Sh?n's right hand side) of his medals and just where the picture is cut off you will see a white stripe with a little of the red (this is the dark colour) showing. This is the ribbon of the MMTO in wear.

Ian

Hello

I see it. You have to be and "indian tracker of uniforms" to notice that, congratulations. I'll pay attention to it from this time forward. Thank you. :D

Hello

I see it. You have to be and "indian tracker of uniforms" to notice that, congratulations. I'll pay attention to it from this time forward. Thank you. :D

Boris, your tab looks good. I'm not sure about the proportions of the star in relation to the tab...

Boris, your tab looks good. I'm not sure about the proportions of the star in relation to the tab...

Hello ccj

As you have the uniforms.

If I open a new theme to put ALL austro-hungarian ranks infantry (WW1-1914), would you be so kind to give me all measures and colurs I need.

Included stars kinds with diameter, etc...? I'll try to do it as historical as possible.

I mean from gefreiter to feldmarshall. This size:

(I know there is some mistakes here but I dont know exactly

Edited by Boris

Hello ccj

As you have the uniforms.

If I open a new theme to put ALL austro-hungarian ranks infantry (WW1-1914), would you be so kind to give me all measures and colurs I need.

Included stars kinds with diameter, etc...? I'll try to do it as historical as possible.

I mean from gefreiter to feldmarshall. This size:

(I know there is some mistakes here but I dont know exactly

Looks good but your feldwebel needs yellow lace/borte on the leading and lower edge of the collar patch.

I really like you Generalmajor tab. :cheers: Beautiful

Edited by ccj

Looks good but your feldwebel needs yellow lace/borte on the leading and lower edge of the collar patch.

I really like you Feldmarschalleutnant tab. :cheers: Beautiful

Hello

Thanks ccj, :cheers: is just a question of time.

Then I open a new thread and leave you at las with your F?hnrich. The feldwebel was a mistake exporting the draws. :rolleyes:

Regards

Edited by Boris

Hello

Thanks ccj, :cheers: is just a question of time.

Then I open a new thread and leave you at las with your F?hnrich. The feldwebel was a mistake exporting the draws. :rolleyes:

Regards

I'm sure your Austrian rank chart will be impressive.

I'm sure your Austrian rank chart will be impressive.

You would have to say "our" rank chart in generals section, it have been a work of two, not only mine. Thanks.

I have grown to enjoy this tunic and have seen a few photos on soldiers of this rank with multiple bravery medals and would medal. I don't know if a soldier started as a fahnrich or could attained the rank from being an enlisted man before being promoted to an officer.

Reading about this rank, that belong to german world, i have understood that is not a "bridge" between comissioned and not comissioned officers. It is more the top rank

for a man who has not studied in a k.u.k militar academy. He is an officer but not "one of us".

So how long may a person stay a fahnrich

Very good question. If this theory would be true, untill be discharged.

I have find that there was in Viena a war academy that prepare landwehr subordinate officers. Then, this rank would be as Kadett in this particular school.

Also I have find a page where a corporal goes to the Olomuc Artillery Officers School and gets the rank of "K.u.k. Fähnrich in der Reserve". Later he is promoted (two years and two months) to "leutenant" in the reserve.

http://www.wittgen-cam.ac.uk/cgi-bin/deutsch/text/biogrg5.html

(I have hardly traslate this from here).

Yes, for me very much, speedytop, thanks. This theory agree with the Wittgenstein's biography (if i understood this correctly).

By the way, I'm going to update the draft:

33283fd1.png

Edited by Boris

The generals braid was sewn over a longer red patch also , The brownish grey tunic with yellow patches could belongs to a series of experimental models of uniforms tested during 1915 1916 made of a sort of khaki , imperial yellow is the same as kaisergelb , 

I sold that tunic years ago. I hope whomever owns it now is happy with it 

Gentlemen : The austro hungarian system was and not was like others .The fahnrich or standard bearer was a OFFICER . no a like one as officer , the fahnrich was member of the officers mess , commanded a section if necessary etc . Prior to wwI there were some elderly fahnrichs der reserve , in temporary active service . 

ccj .: The correct translation of fahnrich is ensign . In other times the fahnrich was called in the cavalry ,Kornet ,