News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 74
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one:

Appears to be a Lieutenant. And with the High career tabs at that rank, a total lack of swords on his medal bar, and with what appears to be a darker (though not a black or brown) than white, looks like it could be light green which would make him a Feldapotheker

Is he an Austrian?

Edited by Ulsterman

So is this the same guy? The photo on the left of the screen has nothing on the back and the one on the right of the screen is dated 1044. They both wear their hat in a similar "pushed up" fashin and the late photo is one rank higher with the Ost medal and a KVK2.

Guest Rick Research

Oho! The "Feldwebel" strap in #46 above clearly has the second green Beamten underlay beneath the "infantry" white-- suggesting Pay Corps. Got a scan showing the BOTTOM? (Soft like an NCO strap or hard/stiffened like officers' boards is what I wonder....)

#50 Worst handwriting I have ever seen just plain garbage illegible-- has written this is commemorating "training 13.3.-6.4.39." His ribbons are the generic war merit and bravery awards ribbon for Austro-Hungarian decorations, the 1917 Karl Troop Cross, what is probably a 1918 Karl Wound Medal, the 1914 Austro-Hungarian Red Cross awards, and Hungarian WW1 Commemorative. Given this early post-Anschluss period, his Hindenburg Cross had probably not been processed, and he's voluntarily "deducted" his Austrian Republic WW1 Commemorative as commonly happened.

#51 is wearing a low crowned enlisted ranks cap with officer's chincord. Which of us would buy that at a show these days? :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Oho! The "Feldwebel" strap in #46 above clearly has the second green Beamten underlay beneath the "infantry" white-- suggesting Pay Corps. Got a scan showing the BOTTOM? (Soft like an NCO strap or hard/stiffened like officers' boards is what I wonder....)

:cheers:

Hi Paul

I would say "white" as well

Hi Rick

Sorry no piccie of the back. As you said one of the "white" careers which would imply that not only the Beamte a. K. - the photo which brought this up - went to regular Heer NCO but apparantly the rest of the regular HV as well. Wonder when that came about......to date I have not yet found any reference to those changes.

Edited by Laurence Strong

• 3 weeks later...

Laurence, I may have posted this tunic before but if not it will have relevance to your post of 3rd March, showing a light grey piping on the collar patch, and as a nebenfarbe on the shoulder strap.