News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Violent Armed Revolution !

Guest Rick Research

"Hohenzollern Commemorative Medal" of Prussia Medal for 1848/49 combatants (70 more years of counter-revolution :rolleyes: )

to Seconde-Lieutenant Rudolph Kintzel of ?98/?38 Infantry Regiment "/6th Res. Regt./" issued at Thorn 1 September 1852 by the Oberst commanding 14th Infantry Regiment:

note that the wording refers to this as the "Commemorative Medal for real combatants." :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

I just hope you 19th-centur-oids realize what a Truly Noble Person I am. I actually skipped scanning such things as a WW1 Saxe-Weimar Wilhelm Ernst War Cross :love::ninja: in order to provide some atypical (for me) entertainment for youze guys. :rolleyes: (The phone number for the Vatican's Beatification During life's office is....)

So here also is the the NONcombatant version award document of the 1848/49 medal--

This bestowed the "commemorative medal for military officials" on Unterarzt Dr. Friedrich Watten of the 3rd 12-pounder Battery of the Guard Artillery Regiment at Berlin on 13 May 1852. It was signed by Oberst von Puttkammer, commanding the regiment, who was also a Fl?geladjutant of the King of Prussia.

Yes indeed, very nice ones. I think I never saw one of those two before. Was the first one only used for officers? The Baden 1849 medal's document is similar decorated to the first one and they come up frequently, but I never bought one by now...

Guest Rick Research

There are two types (Gothic print filled in like the above or all printed handwriting text with details filled in in the same style) of the finely designed one in Dietmar Raksch's superb "Preu?en Verleihungsurkunden und Besitzzeugnisse 1793-1972" BUT if you will notice the tiny print under the soldiers at the bottom-- these were printed at a variety of different places. The one above came from the Royal Lithographic Institute in Berlin-- a source not shown in Raksch.

The long upright form "Beamten" document is also not shown in Raksch.

:catjava: