News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bringing History to life...

Alex K

• 1 month later...
    9 hours ago, Bayern said:

Kriegsmarine I suppose .but why the lace on the shoulder boards is blue and the SBs itself are gold?

Probably an optical illusion. As the SB are a lot lighter than his shirt I chose to make them reddish tan as seen on some SB.

Cheers,

Larry

6a.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi Larry, bit late, but nice images as usual!

With the upcoming centenary anniversary of the end of WWI, I decided to trawl through some of my long forgotten efforts and pay my own tribute, I normally go for the bigwigs with fancy uniforms, lots of bullion and medals, (I like the challenge), however, I do have some of the "Ordinary" guys that faced the muck and bullets, These are a random selection that I can find on file, and not any preference. I've had these on file for many years and unfortunately no longer recall the sources.

frame master longer triple copyb1500.JPG

frame master longer triple copy2.JPG

Edited by Alex K

• 3 years later...

For years I've admired black and white photo colorizations and gave it a go myself some months ago. I haven't colorized much photos yet but here's my best one. The officer looks very much alive when the photo is colorized and the damage repaired.

Political lieutenant colonel (collar tab insignia) of the Yugoslav Army wearing a Partisan Remembrance Award 1941 on his left pocket and an Order of the Partisan Star 3rd class on his right chest. The photo was taken in Belgrade on December 13th 1945.

The original photo is from my collection.

656016367_Politikipotpukovnik.thumb.jpg.a567af9aedc693180ce9b37f3dbe28e4.jpg

43896835_PolitikipotpukovnikColorized.thumb.jpg.14c68ceed442aa517cc6ca36fd873d70.jpg

On 10/12/2021 at 23:13, Alex K said:

Hi, nice, colourised well and does make a difference! 

Regards!

I agree, nice work.

Cheers,

Larry

On 10/12/2021 at 20:38, Alex K said:

Hi Larry, i honestly thought this thread had died a long time  ago!, obviously it was just having a long rest, just to add, very nice job as your usual standards?

Regards

Akex k

Thank you Alex, I still color the occasional photo but I'm very busy these days working on other projects.

Cheers,

Larry

2 hours ago, LarryT said:

I agree, nice work.

Cheers,

Larry

Thank you Alex, I still color the occasional photo but I'm very busy these days working on other projects.

Cheers,

Larry

Hi larry, bit like me, still do the odd few but with me, the image has to jump out at me now and say "Do me" still makes an interesting diversion though 

Regards

Alex

Just for fun a couple of recent  ones

archibald Wavell 600dpi.JPG

fritz dinger 600dpi.JPG

Edited by Alex K

• 4 weeks later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 9 months later...