News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Republic of China ODM (Taiwan)

Hugh

TAIWAN - Air Force Medal of Exemplary A ? 1st Class in Gold, w/ five gold stars (Peterson - K'ai Mo Merit Medal ? Kei Mo Jia Yi Wu Shin ? Magnus 45A), Mint

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00,? Code:TW 43

• Replies 89
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TAIWAN - Air Force Medal of Exemplary B ? 2nd Class in Gold (Peterson - K'ai Mo Merit Medal ? Kei Mo Ye Er Er Shin ? Magnus 45A), EF, reverse numbered 0564, Chinese inscription

Gift of Shane Liu, 6/96 - Code: TW 44

Believe this is the basic campaign medal for WW II.

TAIWAN ?Commemorative Medal of the War of Resistance Victory (Peterson - Anti-Aggression ? Kong Jen Shen LI ? Magnus 55), (CBI service medal) Chinese inscriptions on reverse, Mint

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00, ? Code:TW 47

Here's a mystery for you. This came from the same military tailor shop as many of the preceding, but no one was able to give me a name. Any thoughts?

TAIWAN ?Unidentified Medal, blue sky, white sun, Mint

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00, ? Code:TW 48

Combined Service Force runs the arsenals and most of the rest of the logistics system for all three forces.

TAIWAN ? Honorary Mark, United Logistics (Combined Service Force Medal ? Lian Chin Yun Yu Hui ? Magnus 62), Mint

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/05 ? Code:TW 49

This thing is huge - about 60 mm across, and 90 mm tall with the suspension!

TAIWAN ? Ministry of the Interior ? Recruiting Medal (new) -

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/05, ? Code:TW 50

TAIWAN ? Order of Renaissance and Honor, Second Class (Peterson - Air Force Order of Rejuvenation & Honor ? Er Deng Fu Shin ? Magnus 11), Mint

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00, ? Code:TW 12

It's my recollection that this one was awarded by the Taipei County School Board (very rough translation). Anybody have more data?

TAIWAN ? Bronze Cross for Education, June 1967

Han Min, Taipei, c. 1980, Free - Code: TW 52

I think these are as listed below, but would be grateful for confirmation.

TAIWAN - Long Service badge ? Ministry of National Defense Staff, 3 years

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00, ? Code:TW 57

TAIWAN - Long Service badge - Army Headquarters Staff Service badge, 3 years

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00 ? Code:TW 58

TAIWAN - Long Service badge ? Naval Reserve Unit Command badge?

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00, ? Code:TW 59

I seem not to have taken pictures of the following, but could do so when i open the frame if there is interest.

TAIWAN ? Long Service badge ? 20 years as sergeant

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00, ? Code:TW 53

TAIWAN ? Long Service badge ? 15 years, Navy

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00 ? Code:TW 54

TAIWAN ? Long Service badge -15 years, Army

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00, NT180 / $5.50 US ? Code:TW 55

TAIWAN - Long Service badge ? 15 years, Air Force

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00, ? Code:TW 56

A fine display.

But do the actual medals look as cheap & tacky as they appear? Most look like they came out of cornflake packets.

MEGAN! YOU'RE SPEAKING OF MY BABIES!

Seriously, some of them look like cereal box, but a few are very nicely done - good enamel (for modern issues), well struck, etc.

No... it's just of all the official medals from around the world, Taiwan and the Philippines always look tacky compared to everyone else's designs. It's not the quality of the manufacture...

And those medals from the Ministery of the Interior confirm every word you've written.

• 11 months later...

Hello Hugh

Wath a nice collection!

I maybe have something about TW 48, cause I bought the same medal this summer in taipei. Mine seems finer manufactured and it came with some kind of description, maybe someone with better chinese skills can make out the name and purpose for it? so here are the pictures…

Thanks, Alex,

Nice looking pierce.

This is the card that you typically get in the government issue medals. Foolishly, I never asked any of my Chinese friends to translate, but one of them described it as instructions for wear; nothing directly related to the specific medal. Perhaps someone else will enlighten us.

Best,

Hugh

Edited by Hugh

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...

Hello Hugh

Wath a nice collection!

I maybe have something about TW 48, cause I bought the same medal this summer in taipei. Mine seems finer manufactured and it came with some kind of description, maybe someone with better chinese skills can make out the name and purpose for it? so here are the pictures…

I believe this medal is a political party award and not military related. I think for how many years you served/membership in the Kuomintang. Its modern made, looks recent. If I find any more info, I will let you know.

TAIWAN ? Air Force Vermilion Bow ( Peterson - Red Bow Merit Medal ? Dan Kun ? Magnus 43), Mint

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/00, ? Code:TW 41

There is an interesting story to this medal.

When this medal was first introduced, it had a red circle. The red circle represented the Japanese Forces. Hence, the arrow was pointed at the Japanese because they were the enemy.

Then why did they change it to a red star? It was changed because of the Chinese communists fight on the mainland. It still stayed as a red star to this day.

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for posting all these up.

I hope you don't mind if I add to this thread? I don't recall spotting this one in your collection over the last few pages.

Enjoy:

according to www.medal-medaille.com (copyrighted), the medal is awarded for Long Service Medal for 25 years' service awarded to members of the National Guard

The one in my collection is the second class, so most likely, it would of been for 15 years or something.

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Apologies over the size of the photos!!!!

Edited by khorgor

• 7 months later...

khorgor, yours is a Civil Service medal. Given to government workers for 10, 20, 30 years of service. Yours is 3rd class.

The site you provided, lists this for about $65-70. Just to let you know, there are a lot of government workers who get these awards, this should reflect on the price of these.

My Uncle gave me his 3rd class with his certificate. The medal was awarded in the late 80s with a serial number range of 48000. Yours really high, probably late 90s? I would assume these were given out in order of sequence :whistle:

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for posting all these up.

I hope you don't mind if I add to this thread? I don't recall spotting this one in your collection over the last few pages.

Enjoy:

according to www.medal-medaille.com (copyrighted), the medal is awarded for Long Service Medal for 25 years' service awarded to members of the National Guard

The one in my collection is the second class, so most likely, it would of been for 15 years or something.

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Apologies over the size of the photos!!!!

Delighted to have you expand the pool. Thanks also to hc8604 for telling us more about this and the Red Bow medal.

I'd love to see more activity on the Asia side of the forum. Let's see if we can out-post those Germans! :cheeky:

H