News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Republic of China ODM (Taiwan)

Hugh

• Replies 89
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is an Order of Loyalty and Diligence. Although one was posted earlier, this one is an early version with glass instead of paint enamel. This one is made out of silver, later types were aluminum? or cheaper metal and currently, I believe is now silver again. Maybe late 40s to early 50s. This one had a hook and catch and were later removed and replaced with a slot broach.

Edited by hc8604

Yours are official medals, just that most were never issued out. There isn't much of a price difference between unissued and issued, mostly depends if it has a certificate, box/envelope.. :)

TW50 is a police award (Pigeon and wreath is the insignia for the National Police), probably for service length. 1st class..

khorgor, yours is a Civil Service medal. Given to government workers for 10, 20, 30 years of service. Yours is 3rd class. The site you provided, lists this for about $65-70. Just to let you know, there are a lot of government workers who get these awards, this should reflect on the price of these. My Uncle gave me his 3rd class with his certificate. The medal was awarded in the late 80s with a serial number range of 48000. Yours really high, probably late 90s? I would assume these were given out in order of sequence :whistle:

Hi mate,

Thank you for your input. Kind of disappointing to see that site was completely off the ball what the medal was. But the good news is that I didn't buy it there. Got it off ebay for much less than that luckily.

Also disappointing that I got a new medal that is non-military. Kind of a double strike really :-) but alas, its all new info for some members, so glad to contribute

• 2 years later...

Thanks, Ilja, Interesting to see them splashed across both sides of his chest. From my personal point of view, I would reduce the size of some of the ROC medals. They're just too big and hunky for my taste. (But that hasn't stopped me from collecting them.)

• 10 years later...
    On 22/08/2008 at 18:28, Hugh said:

TAIWAN ? Army Medal of Outstanding Service, Class B (Peterson - Golden Bowl Merit Medal ? Jin Ou Ye Yi Shin ? Magnus 27b), 1st class in silver, Chinese inscription on reverse

Taipei (Shi Men Ding), 6/05 ? Code:TW 23

post-1655-1219444075.jpg

Hugh,

I am searching for additional information on this medal.  There were two ribbons.  Ribbon a that is white with a blue strip on one edge and a red stripe on the other.  Ribbon B, as shown in your picture and on the medal in my collection is yellow with a blue edge on one side and a red edge on the other.  The medal was authorized 5 May 1958. (see attached pictures).  Do you know in why the ribbon colours were changed and in what year the change took place?  In the picture that shows the A and B ribbons the Taiwanese text for Medal of Outstanding Service is shown.  The characters on the back of the medal are slightly different.  Do you know what the characters on the back of the medal would say in English?

Regards,

Gordon     

DSC04954.JPG

DSC04954a.JPG

DSC04956a.JPG

DSC04959a.JPG

DSC04961a.JPG

• 2 months later...

No one,

Thanks for the explanation.  Sorry that I haven't responded sooner.  I just saw your post now.  I have two more medals from Taiwan that I need some help with hence I was browsing this thread again.  From this thread, the medals and the ribbons don't seem to match but they have certainly been assembled correctly.  Bothe medals are below and I would appreciate any comments that you care to make.  Or anyone else for that matter.

Regards,

Gordon

DSC05338a.JPG

DSC05340a.JPG

DSC05345a.JPG

DSC05346a.JPG

Dear Gordon Graig,

I know those medals.

They are sold by an Italian, a Portuguese and an American.

I don't know who makes them.

All ribbons are incorrect and they lack the name and class on the reverse, making it always blank.

So I don't think they are genuine.

Corrected:

image.thumb.jpeg.a0f9f6a54252f6abb0a42ff9dabf598e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1866ab255fa1a00b7971d3b89f497183.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fbf9dde25002f98dbd19c5c6b72a0de6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7e1568791c365fbb95ac4f42158726b1.jpeg

The ribbon may have several devices but they do have a device:

image.jpeg.436e2534a73efc98ffa8707fad3376b5.jpeg

image.jpeg.d88fcc42350b74cd42ebcacab2b753c5.jpeg

Note: you can use either class A or 1st class and class B or 2nd class

Yours sincerely,

No one

No one,

Thanks for your comments.  I suspected that these medals were not authentic once I compared them with the first medal that I posted on this thread.  They came as part of a large lot so cost overall was very low.  Part of collecting is learning through buying medals that are not correct.   Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,

Gordon

Dear Gordon Craig,

You are welcome.

The Air Force Medal of Distinction (2 classes x 2 grades = 4 medals), on the reverse:

image.jpeg.0713d968bd1d93ebd0147bfecbdf4b49.jpeg

The ribbons:

image.png.184705f50a3915e61de48d83fee33e66.png

Yours sincerely,

No one

Edited by No one