News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Afghanistan award!?!

hmfgreifswald

In front is writen fredom medal and the same in arabic.

Backside is writen in english "For service in afghanistan" and a soldier, they climb a rock.

I mean, it will be awarded from the Afghan. gouv. for foreign soldiers!

My feeling is 80% official medal!

Looking at some notes, I think I'd agree with you. I think this may be an official award (though what I have is that the US government has not approved it for acceptance).

Very interesting! Thanks. :cheers:

Each government can decide whether they allow their military forces (and other State employees) to receive it. If the US doesn't let their troops get this medal, then who else will get it? Maybe Karzai then sells the surplus stock on e$cam? Who knows. He needs the money.

I agree, it feels like a legitimate Afghan award and whether the US or ISAF (or anyone else) can wear it is irrelevant.

I think one of the major US medal retailers showed it in their catalogue for a while but then dropped it when the Pentagon disallowed it. (I know because this is what I think, according to some vauge letters from the Afghan ambassador, I'd get for my service with the UN in monitoring the 2000 Loya Jirgha selections, so I have a personal interest :P here.)

Thank you for the images. I love this medal. It is a shame that the US wont allow our Afghan vets to wear this medal on their uniform.

Maybe they think three medals is enough? Maybe they're right?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

In front is writen fredom medal and the same in arabic.

Backside is writen in english "For service in afghanistan" and a soldier, they climb a rock.

I mean, it will be awarded from the Afghan. gouv. for foreign soldiers!

My feeling is 80% official medal!

You mention it's in English and Arabic--why Arabic? That doesn't really make sense.

Paul

You mention it's in English and Arabic--why Arabic? That doesn't really make sense.

Paul

Not at all Arabic. Probably Dari (though could be Pashto). Different languages, similar scripts, like Polish and English.