News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

well, since it is mid-afternoon on a saturday i decided to walk to the corner market for a coupla bottles of beer. i passed a few yard sales, and i scored these (as well as some j.w. dundee honey brown lager):

three WW2 service lighters in the boxes with the paper instructions!

Cool find, I love the art on the Gail & Ax tobacco tin. Does it have any marks on the bottom of the tin box?

Thank you for sharing:

Lorenzo

Very nice.

I assume the lighters are designed but not made by Dunhill?

Best

Chris

hi chris, looking at the info on the directions leads me to believe that dunhill had an american operation going at the time. the lighter was made in the u.s. (patent pending) and you are urged to smoke ' dunhill american mixture smoking tobacco'..

hi lorenzo, nothing on the bottom. all of the markings are on the sides or rear of the tin. i can provide a view of the company logo in a few..

Thank you: The "G" is for the Gail correct? JK.... I love there line up of old trading cards.

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Guest Rick Research

Sainted Ma confirms Dunhill in New York City. I thought they were exclusively British, too.

(Lucky we Time Travellers had "spotters" in place, huh? :catjava: )

And I nearly forgot... I've never heard Maryland referred to as a "District"... only Washington, and I lived in Maryland from the time I was three till I was ten, have been back numerous times, have relatives there, etc. Has anyone else ever heard Maryland referred to this way? :unsure:

Dan :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...