News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

These four bars recently arrived in their new home. A couple of very interesting ones, but all IMO all very nice additions to my collection. For your consideration Gents.

First, a nice Bavarian bar with a Jacob Leser BMVO4x. Obverse

Guest Rick Research

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :love::love::love:

Just tuck that BMV4X's ring up inside the ribbon so it's concealed like the other ones and hangs straight across.

The Luftschutz bar could have been either an Imperial career officer or NCO-- no way to tell from his EK2 and Hessian War Effort Medal pair. But he wasn't in the civil service afterwards since there's no long service after his old XXV. That suggests to me, with the civil KVK and Luftschutz Medal, that he was probably a uniformed officer of the Luftschutz or a related organization (SHD, TeNo or whatever)

So: busy weekend, or something? :speechless1:

:cheers:

Just tuck that BMV4X's ring up inside the ribbon so it's concealed like the other ones and hangs straight across.

So: busy weekend, or something? :speechless1:

A little work on tucking the ring back has been carried out and it looks better for the job done, hanging all level now. I find it strange that the "Kyffh?userbund" medal is placed before the Jubilee Medal and the 20yr Landwehr DA ?

Not a busy weekend Rick, just the end of a long sweet deal with a former member who wished to pass his remaining 25 bars with 3 cased awards to a new loving home :jumping::jumping:

And yes Stogie you know where they came from and Who passed these onto my seller :rolleyes::rolleyes: "Most things have passed through the "Evil Ones" sticky paws at one time or another" :cheers: :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

They considered that a "war medal," oddly enough.

Sadly, many of the Evil One's items did NOT pass through my Magical Epsonification in the long ago Astroturf days. :(

They considered that a "war medal," oddly enough.

Sadly, many of the Evil One's items did NOT pass through my Magical Epsonification in the long ago Astroturf days. :(

That's really odd Rick, I would have thought this one a "vanity" medal ... Tut tut ...Bad Bavarian.

The good news is that the "Astroturf" stuff has now been EPSONised for all to see in close detail. Long live the EPSON :cheers:

Nice stuff Mike! :love: Especially the Bavarian bar with the rarely on medal bars found Bavarian Landwehr-DA... I am still looking for one bar like that! Congrats!

Ciao,

Claudio

Thanks Claudio, like you this is the first bar that I have found with the the Ba Landwehr DA mounted. A plus to this is the "Leser" MVO is also mounted in the group. IMHO the best of the MVO's that were crafted.

Cheers, Mike

Ahhh...the Astroturf days were GOOD days!!

I really like that Reuss bar!

Yes Steve those distant memories of looking for the "Astroturf" background on Ebay and the forums for sale posts bring back fond times of my early collecting. I blame my craving for all things "Imperial" on that cigar smoking individual (bless him) :cheers:

Yeah, the Reuss NC bar is my favorite too :love:

Mike

Edited by Mike Huxley

Some really nice bars, any of those - but the one in #3 and #4 is not Reuss but Lippe-Detmold...

;)

Saschaw, I wasn't saying that they were all Reuss bars. Just that my favorite was the Reuss "Ehrenkreuz" 4th Klasse with the Bulgarian Civil Merit Order 5th Class in posts #7 & 8. This bar will go very well with the other Reuss bars and cased awards that I have.

Many thanks to you all for your comments.

Mike

Mike, on the set from #3 and #4 you wrote "Next one. A Reuss serving guy with matching ribbon bars that have a KVK that was not added to the original bar". And that one is not in any way Reuss relatet. Anyway, nice bars as I said before.

:beer:

Mike, on the set from #3 and #4 you wrote "Next one. A Reuss serving guy with matching ribbon bars that have a KVK that was not added to the original bar". And that one is not in any way Reuss relatet. Anyway, nice bars as I said before.

:beer:

Well spotted saschaw :banger::banger: You found my deliberate mistake. Of course you are completely correct, #4 is Lippe-Detmold.

:cheers::cheers: