News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Private Ivan Ignatievich Romanets

Guest Rick Research

Excellent can't get any earlier than THAT award and from the looks of it, a long, long life afterwards! :cheers:

Actually--miraculously-- this one is not only WELL written, it's done in a superb calligraphy that I could only wish was emulated more often.

I'm really starting to like these soviet Awards i can't wait for my first batch to arrive and have them researched. I must say a citation like that would warrant an MM or even DCM in the British collecting field yet those medals cost probably 10 times what a soviet medal of equal caliber demands. I'm really envious Ed. Great stuff.

Cheers

Chris

I'm really starting to like these soviet Awards i can't wait for my first batch to arrive and have them researched. I must say a citation like that would warrant an MM or even DCM in the British collecting field yet those medals cost probably 10 times what a soviet medal of equal caliber demands. I'm really envious Ed. Great stuff.

Cheers

Chris

Be careful, Chris. This can get really REALLY bad. I, too, started off with British (well, INDIAN) awards. but these TOO can be researched, have history.

See http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8627 for an idea where this can lead.

Be very careful, mate!!

Another great award, Ed!! Does the translation now come with the research service?

If one pays extra and one is willing to wait (= live long enough) for both/either.

This, however, came pre-done from the previous custodian whose Russian was, alas, better than mine (well, almost anyone's Russian is "better") and most of his research came untranslated. (Sorry, in advance, Rick!)