News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Major Vasily Ivanovich Andreev

Guest Rick Research

Nobody? Yet again? :catjava:

15.8.33 Discharged to (?? something about "housekeeping" as in the army didn't need him?)

22.6.41 Military-Political Cadet at Lepel'skoe Military-Infantry School, Arkhangelskogo Mil Dist

15.8.41 Detachment Commander in 33rd Artillery Rgt of 115th Rifles Div, Leningrad Front

15.12.41 Company Commissar 638th Rifles Rgt of 115th Rifles Div

15.2.42 Battalion Commissar in the same

11.4.42 for recovery in Evacuation Hospital No. 1324, city of Molotov, Urals Military District

28.10.42 at disposition of Red Army political administration during recovery

13.11.42 in reseve of political personnel, Political Administartion of Southwest Front

24.12.42 Deputy Btn Commander for Political Matters in 231st Independent Track-Construction Btn, 5th Tank Army

5.8.43 same in 12th Indep Track-Operations Btn, 8th Guards Army

18.10.45 Commissar of 120th Mobile Tank Repair Factory of Group of Forces in Germany

25.7.46 Party Secretary of the same

24.4.48 discharged to the reserves per Article 43 Point "A" (wish we knew what these WERE :banger: )

9.2.50 Regimental Senior Instructor for organizing political work in 8th Independent Railways Rgt

1.11.52 Student at Leningrad (military school) "in the name of F. Ye....." for improvement of poilitical personnel of the Soviet Army

3.9.53 Party Judge for Party Commission for political units of the 2nd Railways Corps (had no idea there ever were Railways CORPS !)

13.9.53 at disposition of Political Department of the 3nd Railways Corps

22.10.55 and 12.11.55 Senior Instructor for organizing party work in the Political Department of 2nd Railways Corps

3.11.59 to reserves per Article 59 Pont "b" (probably up-or-out time in rank)

and that's it barring typos and correcting errors in my scribbles to be corrected later

• Replies 70
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this, Rick. And, from personal experience, I know what a total DRAG translation is. I had thought -- for a while -- that a had a couple of off-forum translators (one for pay, for for meals and booze) engaged, but both have evaporated. When I get research on my own, I pay (and wait and wait and . . .) for translations, but recent acquisitions have come from a good forum friend with good Russian (and I have almost NONE). Sorry. And ongoing thanks.

When you need HIndi or Urdu ytrabslations, you know who to call . . . Hindi-Busters?! :jumping:

Guest Rick Research

Alas, back in the :unsure: Cold Days of my yout', I was educated in preparation for WW-3 :rolleyes: under the Old Rules, what with being a Bush-Dean-Dunham and all-- so all my languishing "skills" were continentally-centric in expectation of THAT sort of Viceregal appointment. :cheeky: :cheers:

Big giant white SPLOT next to stamp sized photo on extremely/excessively detaailed "wher and when called up" top of second side. Shall omt that entirely as all entries partially obliterated.

Yes, Rick, it is almost worth getting the research re-done to get that white blob filled-in.