News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal Entitlements

Hi,

Can anyone confirm for me, what the WW1 medal entitlement, would be for Able Seaman William Drayner, he was K.I.A in Sept 1914, when HMS Hogue was sunk in the North Sea. He was a reserve sailor, who had joined in about 1899, and left in 1910, to join the City of London Police, I know he is entitled to the 1911 Coronation medal. He was then recalled to the colours, in 1914, having been a Bobby for 4 years. A few weeks later he was dead. I take it that he would have been issued the 1914 Star, but would he have been entitled to the clasp?

Does anyone know the whereabouts of his Trio and Plaque??

If anyone can help me out with answers to either, of these questions, I`d very much like to hear from you.

Cheers
    BJOW.

Guest pikemedals

hi bjow, royal navy personnel did not get the 1914 star, except for a few who served at antwerp, so your man would have got a 1914-15 trio, it so sad to see medals groups been spit up hope you find you missing medals :food-smiley-004:

• 1 year later...