News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 Czech and 1 Bulgarian Medals & documents to DDR Genmaj. E. Eichhorn-value?

Gentlemen,

I've been offer three medals, complete with documents, to DDR Genmaj. Ewald Eichhorn. Two from the CSSR and one from Poland. I am not familiar with the price of these medals on their own so am at a loss to estimate their value when presented to a DDR General officer. I would also appreciate knowing more about each medal. Whatever you can tell me would be appreciated. All three are pictured below.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Guest Rick Research

Top one is actually Bulgarian-- 30th Anniversary (1974) of Ministry of Interior Forces (the full sweep police to state security "organs")

All three seem to be of the same sort.

No clue on values. I know "Official Price Guides" are no Bibles, but at least they have SOME utility. Oh, for a Herfurth type Warsaw Pact all awards or country by country awards generalized... clue-provider !!! These Non-Catalog days, if something pops up that one has never registered before... no clue if multiples don't happen to be posted on offer someplace that day. :banger: ***

So the value would seem to be from documentation to a General. Do you know which variety of "interior Ministry" (presumably) he was in the DDR?

*** My "system" is to only pay what something SEEMS to be worth to me, at the moment. Not any help to you-- or me either for that matter! :rolleyes: :cheeky:

Rick,

I thought the top one was from Bulgaria. Got home to Canada on holidays last night. I am without any reference material and jet lag is killing me. They all appear to be for the 30th anniversary of something but I haven't taken the time to research them. No time tomorrow as my daughter will be working from home and I'll be sans computer. The value is in the documentation to the same DDR General so I guess the value of the medals, by themselves, doesn't really enter into the equation. Depends what the market will bear. IE me! Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Gordon

Well, the plot thickens. In my research into these medals, and to the recipient, I discovered that the same Bulgarian medal, cased, and an identical document, had been posted to the DDR forum of the GMIC. Apparently there are two of these award documents out there that appear to be identical. I had a question once from a forum member on another forum as to why I covered up the name of the recipient on the document I posted. This illlustrates the reason very well. I guess we really need to be cautious of these documents in the future.

Regards,

Gordon

• 1 year later...

the small czech medal(26.4.1974) is for the 30th anniversary of the liberation by the 1st czechoslovakian divison under soviet command,if you ever come to brno just outsite of the center there is the statue/monument of the 2 soldiers on the medal there are also some nice monuments of russian generals in the front of the theather

complete set 10,00/15,00 euro.

the coloured medal it the 30th anniversary of the SNB (police) price max 15,00 euro only medal / complete set 25,00 euro

hard to find the one for 30 years there is also one without 30 let on it.

funny these 2 documents are offered a few months ago in holland on a military fair same name same date price 75,00 euro only because the name of a DDR gen.major.

the red seal is correct on the document.

I think there is some one busy at home earing on a easy way some cash,have done some work on the general(google) but never found any photos of him with those 2 czech medals.