News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early MP 40

ksg

Hello

This is my early version of the MP 40. The biggest difference from the more common MP 40, called MP 40/1, is it having a ribbed magazine housing. This one is more like the MP 38.

You all know the danger connected to the MP 38, since the bolt could not be secured in forward position. That and lower production cost, from using pressed rather than machined parts.

This one got pressed parts of course. But when it comes to security it seems like this originally had no means of securing the bolt in forward position...? I you look at the last picture i seems like the slot for the new two pice loading handle have been cut later, like what they also did on the MP 38. Could this have had the same one pice loading handle as the MP 38...? Any suggestions...?

It was made by Steyr Daimler Puch AG, where Steyr was assigned code 660.

Kjell

Two more pictures showing the cut out space for the two pice loading handle. It could be wear but it looks like it have been made by a file....?

Kjell