News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Who else hates medal bars!

Guest Brian von Etzel

Before I take scissors and pliers to these and set them free so I can see the whole thing, wouldn't you agree this would be better off breathing on its own? :catjava:

Don't you have one hiding you wish you could set free?

Mecklenburg-Schwerin Order of the Wend Crown-Knight

Direct quote from the great Dave Danner, "The Order of the Wendish (or Wendian) Crown was the highest decoration of the Mecklenburg grand duchies, awarded by both Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz. It was jointly established on May 12, 1864 by Grand Duke Friedrich Franz II of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Grand Duke Friedrich Wilhelm of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. The Wendish Crown served as the house order for both houses, and came in four classes - Grand Cross, Grand Commander, Commander and Knight. There were also Gold and Silver Merit Crosses affiliated with the order."

Claudio, I know you or your brother must have one you'd like to set free. Rick, you purist, I know you must have impure thoughts and would like to see one whole.

:cool:

Edited by Brian von Etzel

Guest Brian von Etzel

No one has one they'd like to see front, back and middle?

I've always thought the Austrians had the finest piece ever created.

Hi Brian,

I am sorry to disappoint you but neither my brother or I have the Mecklenburg-Schwerin Order of the Wendish Crown-Knight.:(

As a matter of fact it's one of the most desirable order. There must be quite a few German collectors who are buying all these because everytime I see such order in a Auctionhouse always fetches very high prices.

The only hope to get one of these, it's a least a VK which appear on the market a bit more often than the classes with enamel or Gold like your beautiful piece in your relative's magnificent medal bar. :beer::love::love:

Maybe Andreas has one... :rolleyes:

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Brian von Etzel

...and the Mecklenburg-Schwerin Order of the Wendish Crown-Knight so FAR down the bar. I'll snip it off and send it Rick today, could be a repro sneaked on and the original sold for cigarettes :speechless1:

You guys don't have anything on a bar that's hidden away?

I've never even SEEN this one. Italian Order of the Crown of Italy.

Bob Hunter shows a nice one on WAF, but, still, another one to snip off and send to Rick just to be sure...

:catjava:

Guest Rick Research

I'm still thinking of Suitable Punishments for you, naughty provocative lad! :rolleyes::P

Sure do.

But because I am the Good Ricky, first I will show the whole thing, and not bits and pieces:

[attachmentid=13851]

Now, as far as I can guesstimate, there were all of maybe 300 M1905-13 Bavarian Military Merit Crosses 2nd Class with Xs for colonial action. Nice, solid silver, multiple piece construction...

sewn in there but good.

[attachmentid=13852]

Guest Brian von Etzel

Yes, Good Rick, very nice, very desirable, snip snip snip it off, snip it off and enjoy the precious :angry:

...and it looks like your man and mine served together for at least one action before mine no doubt died in WWI.

I tried to snip that ugly silver thing off his bar, but he watches me closely when I visit...... it looks like it was made from an old tuna fish can. Sometimes, I think he spends all winter weaving replacement ribbons from old cat hair...... I will snip off some of those to show you as well!