News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Granatenwerfer - WW I German Trench Mortar

Brian Wolfe

Hello Everyone,

I hope I have this in the correct section.

Here's a couple of photos of a Granatenwerfer that is in the Canadian Military Heritage Museum in Brantford, Ontario, Canada. I've photographed the display sign to save me a lot of typing so I hope it is clear enough to read.

Many thanks to the museum for allowing me permission to photograph their displays.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

This is a view showing the elevation gauge.

I would have liked to have gotten a better photograph of this and other items but of course it's "hands off" at any museum. It turns out that the Chairman and I used to belong to the same military collector's club back in the 1960s so I may be able to get better shots of many of the items in the collections another time.

In the mean time I hope you enjoy these.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped by the museum this week on my lunch break looking for items I missed. One of the items I was looking for was the grenades that these launched. They had one that was in broken condition, nothing like your collection Chris.

I guess the very weight of these things makes them more or less theft-proof so they are out in the open as shown in my photos.

Brian