News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal book: the call of duty

Hello gents,

Planning to buy "the call of duty" by Strandberg/Bender. Before I part with my ? however, would anyone be willing to post some sample pics here on the forum so I can see what I'd get? I'm looking for a guide that helps me to identify not only the medals themselves but especially the manufacturers/time period so I can date the pieces. Will this book do the trick?

Thanks for your help!

cheers from Belgium

l4h

Hello gents,

Planning to buy "the call of duty" by Strandberg/Bender. Before I part with my ? however, would anyone be willing to post some sample pics here on the forum so I can see what I'd get? I'm looking for a guide that helps me to identify not only the medals themselves but especially the manufacturers/time period so I can date the pieces. Will this book do the trick?

Thanks for your help!

cheers from Belgium

l4h

Hi l4H...

It's not that kind of book.... it won't give you the level of detail that breaks down every variant and manufacture code. THAT said, I will share with you that I have many books on medal collecting, and this is one of my favorites - it is well laid out, a GREAT read, and plenty of rare photos (all my opinion of course). The book does a decent job capturing most all types of US medals, and the folks I have recommended this book are very pleased with it. I don't know if you collect German, but I find this book similar to "Iron Time," - a book which is a great read and gives me an appreciation for the Iron Cross/Knight's cross. For technical details and variants of the Knight's cross - I rely on Dietrich Martz's book.

I am currently on travel so sadly I can't meet your request for photos, scans,etc..

best regards, Dan