Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Here is the 2nd highest ranking Civil Awards of the Philippines, the Order of Lakandula, which ranks just below the Quezon Service Cross.

The Order of Lakandula was instituted on 19 September 2003 in 6 Classes. It is awarded for political and civic merit, in memory of King Lankandula's dedication to the responsibilities of leadership, prudence, fortitude, courage and resolve in the service of one's people.

Hilary Clinton, and Prince Felipe of Spain (who is now King Felipe VI) were awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of Lakandula. King Juan Carlos of Spain, Emperor Akhi Hito of Japan, and President Teodoro Obiang Nguema from Equatorial Guinea were awarded the Grand Collar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Lakandula

It is very hard to get. The collar is not mine.....

I catch the Commander in a London auction, and the Member badge in Manila.

Regards to all.

     Emmanuel

Philippines Order of Lakandula Collar 1.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Collar 2.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Commander obverse.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Commander reverse.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Member obverse.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Member reverse.jpg

Edited by heusy68
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

The Order of Kalantiao, is a much less known award of the Philippines. But it is not a State Award.

It is a fraternal order from the Central Philippine University College of Law

Sadly I never have had the occasion to see one with my own eyes.

Regards.

    Emmanuel

Philippines Order Kalantiao neck badge.jpg

Edited by heusy68
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello Gentlemen,

Very little is known about this Medal for Heroism in Time of Disaster.

There is the symbolism of the sun with the 3 stars, like on the white part triangle of the National Flag of the Philippines..

But we might guess it's a kind of civil gallantry award.

Manufacture is more modern, likely from the end of the 1980ies, or 1990ies.

Regards to all.

     Emmanuel

Philippines Medal for Heroism in Time of Disaster.jpg

Edited by heusy68
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is the reverse of the Commander version of the Philippine Legion of Honor which has writing within the gilding which I wasn't able to post before.

Philippines-Legion of Honor-Commander-R.jpg

Edited by Shots Dave
correct spelling mistake
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 16/05/2020 at 06:04, heusy68 said:

In 2014, I had the opportunity to buy in Manila, the insignia of the Order of the National Artist of the Philippines.

It's a very very large badge hung around the neck. About 14 centimeters large.

On the reverse the inscription : " Order of the National Artist - Republic of the Philippines"

Manufactured by A Zamora & Son's.

This award was instituted in 1972, and since then had been awarded 73 times. It can be awarded for Music, Dance, Theater, Literature, Contemporary Arts, Architecture Design & Allied Arts, Film & Broadcasting Arts.

According to my research on the net, there is others type of insignia of Order of National Artist.

Regards to all.

     Emmanuel

Philippines Order of the National Artist obverse.jpg

Philippines Order of the National Artist reverse.jpg

 

On 21/05/2020 at 07:05, heusy68 said:

The Order of Kalantiao, is a much less known award of the Philippines. But it is not a State Award.

It is a fraternal order from the Central Philippine University College of Law

Sadly I never have had the occasion to see one with my own eyes.

Regards.

    Emmanuel

Philippines Order Kalantiao neck badge.jpg

The Order of Kalantiao was once a State Decoration of the Philippine Republic instituted around 1973 but was discontinued around 2003. It was awarded to members of the Philippine judiciary . It has 3 ranks all of which I had duplicates.

     It was NEVER a fraternal order.

 

The Philippine Order of the National Artist decoration is a Grand Collar and was NEVER a medallion worn with a neck ribbon. I believe the medallion with a neck ribbon is a fantasy piece struck by Angel Zamora. I own 2 of these. I believe these were struck Zamora as a means to persuade the government that they could also strike these decoration. At that time Jose Tupaz of El Oro had the sole rights to strike the Grand collar for the government. I own 3 Grand Collars of the Order of the National Artist in my collection.

      I have been collecting Philippine medals for 20 years. My expertise are Philippine State Decorations and Philippine Military medals.

Doc Blas

Edited by snowpie
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2020 at 06:41, heusy68 said:

Here is the 2nd highest ranking Civil Awards of the Philippines, the Order of Lakandula, which ranks just below the Quezon Service Cross.

The Order of Lakandula was instituted on 19 September 2003 in 6 Classes. It is awarded for political and civic merit, in memory of King Lankandula's dedication to the responsibilities of leadership, prudence, fortitude, courage and resolve in the service of one's people.

Hilary Clinton, and Prince Felipe of Spain (who is now King Felipe VI) were awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of Lakandula. King Juan Carlos of Spain, Emperor Akhi Hito of Japan, and President Teodoro Obiang Nguema from Equatorial Guinea were awarded the Grand Collar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Lakandula

It is very hard to get. The collar is not mine.....

I catch the Commander in a London auction, and the Member badge in Manila.

Regards to all.

     Emmanuel

Philippines Order of Lakandula Collar 1.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Collar 2.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Commander obverse.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Commander reverse.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Member obverse.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Member reverse.jpg

 

On 21/05/2020 at 06:41, heusy68 said:

Here is the 2nd highest ranking Civil Awards of the Philippines, the Order of Lakandula, which ranks just below the Quezon Service Cross.

The Order of Lakandula was instituted on 19 September 2003 in 6 Classes. It is awarded for political and civic merit, in memory of King Lankandula's dedication to the responsibilities of leadership, prudence, fortitude, courage and resolve in the service of one's people.

Hilary Clinton, and Prince Felipe of Spain (who is now King Felipe VI) were awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of Lakandula. King Juan Carlos of Spain, Emperor Akhi Hito of Japan, and President Teodoro Obiang Nguema from Equatorial Guinea were awarded the Grand Collar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Lakandula

It is very hard to get. The collar is not mine.....

I catch the Commander in a London auction, and the Member badge in Manila.

Regards to all.

     Emmanuel

Philippines Order of Lakandula Collar 1.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Collar 2.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Commander obverse.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Commander reverse.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Member obverse.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Member reverse.jpg

 

34 minutes ago, snowpie said:

 

The Order of Kalantiao instituted in 1973 was once a State Decoration of the Philippine Republic but was discontinued around 2003. It was awarded to members of the Philippine judiciary .

     It was NEVER a fraternal order.

I have been collecting Philippine medals for 20 years. My expertise are the Philippine State decorations and Philippine Military medals.

      If you have any questions about my country's State decorations, please let me know.

Doc Blas

 

Edited by snowpie
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/08/2020 at 23:56, snowpie said:

 

The Order of Kalantiao was once a State Decoration of the Philippine Republic instituted around 1973 but was discontinued around 2003. It was awarded to members of the Philippine judiciary . It has 3 ranks all of which I had duplicates.

     It was NEVER a fraternal order.

 

The Philippine Order of the National Artist decoration is a Grand Collar and was NEVER a medallion worn with a neck ribbon. I believe the medallion with a neck ribbon is a fantasy piece struck by Angel Zamora. I own 2 of these. I believe these were struck Zamora as a means to persuade the government that they could also strike these decoration. At that time Jose Tupaz of El Oro had the sole rights to strike the Grand collar for the government. I own 3 Grand Collars of the Order of the National Artist in my collection.

      I have been collecting Philippine medals for 20 years. My expertise are Philippine State Decorations and Philippine Military medals.

Doc Blas

Hello Doc Blas,

Ok, I agree that the National Artist badge hung on a neck ribbon is not the way it has to be worn, and as I bought it from Zamora, it make sense. But this badge looks like a Collar Badge, without its suspension. And again it make sense. Often manufacturer of Orders & Medals produce insignia to show to Government Representative, hoping they could approve them. This happens in almost every country in the world.

Concerning Order of Kalianto, as so few information were available, I have reported what I found, and in the Reynolds Book there is no entry on Order of Kalianto, because Reynolds is only about military awards. So I wrote a mistake, but at least I show a photo of the award. 

You did correct my mistake, but you add no photo to increase the data base of this forum.....(a bit sad).

Best regards.

     Emmanuel

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Blog Comments

    • Lapsang Souchong, when i first tasted this I thought it was like stale cigarette ends...it's an acquired taste for sure.  
    • I like my tea strong enough for my spoon to stand up in. My father got me into it. When my father was at RAF Dum Dum 1943-47 most of his fellow officers drank ice cold drinks to mitigate  the heat, his Sikh batman warned him against it and said that strong hot tea would cool him down, most certainly did. So years later in the UK when everybody else was drinking iced drinks on a baking day the wood family was inbibing copious quantities of hot strong brews of Assam's finest. P
    • Hi ccj, Thanks for your comments. Funny how, for me at least, coffee has become a habit more than a conscience choice. It's the old, "Well if you having one (coffee) pour me as well". When I get together with my son-in-law, a former Brit, it's tea all the way. Thanks again. Regards Brian  
    • I live and grew up in the south (USA) and the drink of choice 7 days a week was cold sweet tea. I was unaware Lipton was British because that’s what most southern use for brewing tea. When I joined the army I learned most people in the north and western parts of the USA drank unsweetened tea and that was perplexing to my young brain. Now days I can’t stand sweet iced tea but it’s still the most common drink in the south, but, you can get unsweetened ice tea in the south. Im familiar with ho
    • I drink tea every day (Chinese tea), I used to buy Sri Lankan black tea at the fair before, it was great! I have been reluctant to drink them all. . The tea I’m talking about is just brewing water, not adding other substancesI
×
×
  • Create New...