News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Ferret Armoured Scout Car

Hello EVeryone,

While at the Canadian Military Heritage Museum in Brantford, Ontario I took a couple of photos of the Ferret Armoured Scout Car that they have on display. Most of the vehicles and artillery pieces they have on display have been restored by the museum. They have several items outside in the parking lot awaiting restoration but on the day I was there it was raining too hard to even get the camera out of its case.

I hope you like this armoured vehicle as much as I did.

The write up on this vehicle is on the display card.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Ferrets were in use by the infantry battalion I joined in Gibralter in 1973, & in Cyprus with 9th/12th Lancers in the UN force when I was in Cyprus in 1978, really nippy little things.

I have the manual for these, published 1950's, as usualk i don't know where it is.

Ferrets were involved in the actions shown described in this thread:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2933...t=0&start=0

Ferrets were in use by the infantry battalion I joined in Gibralter in 1973, & in Cyprus with 9th/12th Lancers in the UN force when I was in Cyprus in 1978, really nippy little things.

I have the manual for these, published 1950's, as usualk i don't know where it is.

Ferrets were involved in the actions shown described in this thread:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2933...t=0&start=0

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for the thread, it was very interesting. There was a great photo of a Ferret at a road block. I have always been a fan of armour and artillery but collecting them would be a fatal move marriage-wise. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Brian

:speechless1: I took my driving test on one of those, now I feel older than old :(

Never mind :D . Nice pics BTW.

Regards Eddie.

I wish I could drive one: U.S Scouts use the Bradley and the M1114 and now the new MRAP:

Thank you

Lorenzo

I wish I could drive one: U.S Scouts use the Bradley and the M1114 and now the new MRAP:

Thank you

Lorenzo

Wouldn't take 10 minutes to learn Lorenzo, very easy, as were the Saracen, Stalwart( :love: ) and probably the Saladin which was before my time thank gawd :D

432's, CVR (T) & (W) Fox all very easy to learn.

The FV 432 has been upgraded again. The uparmoured and upgraded version is now know as the "Bulldog"

Shown in action below.

Regards Eddie

U.S Scouts use the Bradley and the M1114 and now the new MRAP:

Thank you

Lorenzo

We as a Recce regiment used the Scorpion and Scimitar even when I was serving (late 70's), the Saracens and Ferrets were used by Assault troop only.

Ferret Mk 5's were used in the Guided Missile troop with Swingfire ATGM's.

Regards Eddie.

Wouldn't take 10 minutes to learn Lorenzo, very easy, as were the Saracen, Stalwart( :love: ) and probably the Saladin which was before my time thank gawd :D

432's, CVR (T) & (W) Fox all very easy to learn.

The FV 432 has been upgraded again. The uparmoured and upgraded version is now know as the "Bulldog"

Shown in action below.

Regards Eddie

Looks like the hull of a M2 Bradley: With added reactive Armor on it:

Lorenzo

The FV432 is similar to the M113 in appearance.

I would not want to be driving around in the FV432 in Down Town Baghdad.

Would you?????

Lorenzo

I would not want to be driving around in the FV432 in Down Town Baghdad.

Would you?????

Lorenzo

Not really Lorenzo no, but the updated version with additional armour is supposed to be very good.

The new engine and transmission make it one of, if not the fastest APC of its kind at the moment at a reported 45 mph. The Bradley is fast at 41 mph for comparison so this vehicle really shifts.

Not a bad feat for a vehicle that has been in service since the 1960's

http://www.baesystems.com/WorldwideLocatio...7912101048.html

Regards Eddie

Not really Lorenzo no, but the updated version with additional armour is supposed to be very good.

The new engine and transmission make it one of, if not the fastest APC of its kind at the moment at a reported 45 mph. The Bradley is fast at 41 mph for comparison so this vehicle really shifts.

Not a bad feat for a vehicle that has been in service since the 1960's

http://www.baesystems.com/WorldwideLocatio...7912101048.html

Regards Eddie

Thank you for the info: I will be checking the link out:

Thank you

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF