News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Obscure Kriegsmarine Officer Corps Insignia

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Pay Corps. Formerly known as Marine Zahlmeisters, in 1935 they were granted "normal" naval officer rank designations with suffix "(V)" for Verwaltung-- administration.

Here are a pair of dress frock coat boards for a Korvettenkapit?n (V):

It would take my later-Konteradmiral (V) B?ning 27 years to reach this rank--though only 8 years to the day for his last three promotions.

1936: 25 in this rank and corps with 8 more (E) retread supplemental officers also in this rank

1937: 33 in this rank and corps (B?ning among them) with 12 (E) officers

1944: 89 in this rank and corps-- the last 3 having soared this high in a mere 12 years of service!

Given that full dress frock coats were not required after the war started (though I suppose those who wanted them could have had them tailored), there would be in the neighborhood of perhaps 50 officers who passed through this rank in the pay/administrative corps 1935-39

making :sleep: boards like these far rarer than full Generals Schulterst?cke. :rolleyes:

That is a great set of TSD Admin boards for the KM!! Great score Ricky!

Speaking of obscure KM insignia! Now how many of these do you think were in the KM? I am sure that there was not much call for Veterinarians in the Kriegsmarine!

Guest Rick Research

Must be a

seeeeeeea serpent. :speechless1::cheeky:

Great example, and anybody with any others, keep 'em coming.

Not a one listed as regulars. What few there were must have all been reservists.

The army staffed pharmacists almost entirely from reservists, so that sort of micro-specialty must have applied to the navy's odd career requirements too.

Unfortunately no reserve rank lists for the navy after 1918!

I posted these a long time ago, The following info was compiled by Rick

Korvettenkapitan (W). They boards belong to a Korvettenkapitan in the "Artilleriewessen" as there were also Officers in the "Sperrwessen" with a floating mine device.

Here is some info on the numbers of Artilleriewessen Korvettenkapitans in the KM during the TR.

N/A = Not applicable

a/b

a = Regular Force

B = Erganzungs/ retired officers called back in the mid '30's

Artilleriewesen Korvettenkapitans

1931 = N/A they were "Beamten" at that time

1936 = 13/0

1937 = 24/1

1944 = 20/N/A