News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

High ranking medical boards?

rosenberg,

Here is a link to a thread I did on East German Forestry. It also has some pictures of a WWII Heer Forestry uniform from my collection. The East german Forserty insignia was the same as the THird Reich Forestry Service insignia except that the acorns were turned 180 degrees. I don't think your boards are Third Reich Forestry ones. At least not with those rank stars.

Regards,

Gordon

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15976

Edited by Gordon Craig

rosenberg,

Here is a link to a thread I did on East German Forestry boards. It also has some pictures of WWII Heer Forestry uniform from my collection. The East german Forserty insignia was the same as the THird Reich Forestry Service insignia except that the acorns were turned 180 degrees. I don't think your boards are Third Reich Forestry ones. At least not with those rank stars.

Regards,

Gordon

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15976

Thanks Gordon!! I have always wondered how to differentiate similar DDR and TR forestry and RR insignia.

Re the boards in posts 13 and 15. There are two different types of rank stars here. The normal German ones where the longest points of the stars barely protrudes beyond the sides of the stars. The other rank stars where the longest points protrude beyond the sides of the rank stars don't look German to me. This type of star is normally found on Bulgarian WWII shoulder boards. It is always possible that a German used Bulgarian stars or that a Bulgarian used German stars. Bulgarian WWII rank insugnia IE collar tabs and shoulder boards were almost identical to German WWII ones except for the slight difference in rank stars I have already mentioned.

Your thread illustrates why I decided years ago not to collect insignia not still attached to a tunic. It is often impossible to correctly attribute the boards or collar tabs to a certain era, country, military unit, etc. The same goes, but to a lesser extend, to tunics with the boards and collar tabs removed. I have two tunics in this condition that I have owned for years and I have never been able to associate them to a specific country with a 100% certainty. One thing that may help you in your quest is to measure the lenght of the boards. This is especially useful in identifying DDR post war boards. Some regulation chages maintained the same look of the boards but varied the length, to only a small degree, and modified the buttons, some in only the way they were fastened to the tunic.

I wish you luck with your search.

Regards,

Gordon

Thanks for all the help! The more I read the more I get confused here.Thats exactly the reason why I usually steer clear of boards and stuff....I get the impression little is right with these boards :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

The first pair of boards is weird. I've never seen anything with three blue and 2 yellow stripes. I suspect Fire Department from the DDR, or possibly not German.

These, after all, are BOLIVIAN from the mid 1940s. :speechless1::rolleyes:

#11/12 is the rank of Polizei Anw?rter from Prussian Schutzpolizei in the 1920s. Here are a bunch in 1925, but being beyond Probationer, they've all got pips:

#13/14 is SchuPo Revier Oberleutnant-- that's what the second brown layer indicates: Precinct officer. Wartime.

#15/16 is Weimar, probably some police/jhustice/customs related organization. These are tough to ID off a uniform since there are so many similar ones.

and the last set as Paul says is a Wehrmacht Zahlmeister set.

Guest Rick Research

Yup, deluxe gold bullion on lipstick by Ernst R?hm pink. Haven't a clue what they are for.

Here's a rather more senior copper (rank varied by where and when) with 2 pips on his wedding day:

Wish he had scribbled their names on back, since there were only 154 of the first award he's wearing and I did the rolls.

If it weren't for the funny boards, you couldn't tell Reichsheer from Polizei in a hatless shot like this . The uniforms were different colors, but can't tell that from B&W.