News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Anybody else interested in early LS bars?

After missing some new phto's here I will post some of mine... ;)

Here three LS awards of the Landwehr; at first the enamel version of prussia, as second the same of baden and in the following post at least the 1913-medal of w?rttemberg.

reagards

westfale

Edited by westfale

• Replies 94
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not totally connected with Long Service awards .... but here's a nice little group and photo of a reciepient that's in my collection. He wears the Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung II. Klasse award along with his 1870 award. Pictured in, probably early 1914, with his son's or even grandsons.

Edited by Mike Huxley

Mike, that's not the long service award 3rd class, but the "Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung II. Klasse". The 3rd class is made of iron with a silver frame, as KIR posted. ;)

:banger::banger: That's what I meant to say it was saschaw ..... senior moment as I was typing and at the same time thinking of another group that I was about to write up about. :speechless: Thanks for the wink .... I've now corrected my error.

Mike

Edited by Mike Huxley

• 3 years later...
    • 2 years later...

I think the better question is how many didn't. Some of them stopped being awarded after their contingents joined the Prussian Army between 1867 and 1872, except in some cases continuing on with their local Gendarmerie. But almost every state seems to have had one. I wanted to put together a full list at one point, but I lacked pictures of some of the rarer ones, such as from Schleswig-Holstein. The Duchy of Nassau seems to be the only state which only had crosses and medals, never a Schnalle, but Nassau ceased to exist after 1866.

I want to add this inofficial version of the prussian Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung 2nd class. Private purchase for wear on civil cloth in the buttonhole, made from porcelain and painted. No maker marks.

Regards

Markus

Edited by NavalMark