News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NIS veteran badges

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame that Paul almost never comes here.

he surely lacks time to do this; let's play between collectors and he'll see the job later. :cheers:

His book is a good milestone, and an pleasant tool.

But I've been told by one of the only french dealers who ventured in Russia in the early 90ies that a russian book existed about veterans badges; I never successed to gather any more infos about that... :(

Edited by seb16trs

So true and all credit to Paul. (And he also has a "day job".)

He has accomplished a very difficult thing: To publish a book when you know for certain that your presentation will be far, far less than 100%. This is a very difficult thing for any author to do. He has now introduced the field and brought (deluging) out of collection drawers and boxes the badges he does not present. Some day, a second (or third or . . . ?) edition . . . ?

The best we can do is share (as has been done in thsi thread) high-quality images of "NIS" badges. :cheers:

So true and all credit to Paul. (And he also has a "day job".)

He has accomplished a very difficult thing: To publish a book when you know for certain that your presentation will be far, far less than 100%. This is a very difficult thing for any author to do. He has now introduced the field and brought (deluging) out of collection drawers and boxes the badges he does not present. Some day, a second (or third or . . . ?) edition . . . ?

The best we can do is share (as has been done in thsi thread) high-quality images of "NIS" badges. :cheers:

I have the chance to belong one third of the badges presented in the book... I've got a looong work to complete the collection :rolleyes: and I discovered lots of variations about suspensions, varnish, letterage colours... The same badge could be issued with "updated" supsensions following the celebration years (i.e. 30, 35, 40years and so on...). Regimental badges, and cold war badges (with only the v/tch. 5 digits numbers) seem to be a "black continent" to explore.

My friend Lapa saw hundreds of such badges in russian fairs. :speechless1:

Some additions:

Post #23:

Red Banner Aviation Regiment.

Post #24:

Charkov Highest Military Aviation School for Pilots (VVAUL).

Post #25:

40 years Guards Red Banner Obyedineniye (which is either an association or a combined troops unit)

Post #26:

35 years 100th Rifle Division (which fought near Voronezh, Lvov and Prague; "Lvov" became an official battle honor of this division in 1944).

Post #27:

An Ukrainian badge for 75 years 30th Guards Irkutst Pinsk ??.

Post #28:

Badge for 60 years 29th Red Banner Yelninsky Order of Suvorov Guards Rifle Division (initially established as 32nd Rifle Division).

Post #29:

40 years 1st Guards Moscow-Minsk Rifle Motorized Division.

Post #30:

35 years Guards Vladimir-Volynsk Regiment.

Post #31:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this badge is for 30 years 7th Guards Cherkassy Red Banner Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky Airborne Division. The only unit I can find with this combination of awards and honorary titles, but a tank on an airborne unit badge is odd.

Post #32:

25 years Kharkov Guards Tank Command School (KhgvVTKU), later the Kharkov Guards Highest Tank Command Order of the Red Star School named after the Supreme Soviet of the Ukrainian SSR.

This is the school's website:

http://www.xty.ru

Post #33:

This Ukrainian badge is not for a specific unit, but for 30 years of Battle of Korsun-Shevchenkovsky.

Post #34:

Badge for the Independent Cavalry Regiment.

Post #35:

October 1941 - Veteran of the Podolsk Military School.

Post #38;

19th Voronezh-Shumlinsky Red Banner Order of Suvorov and Red Banner of Labor Rifle Division.

Post #39:

December 1917 - Veteran of the Kremlyovets (presidential Kremlin unit).

Post #40:

Veteran of the 3rd Army 1941-1945.

Post #41:

Volga-Ural Military District (PUrVO).