News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need info and pricing on bayonet

Hauptmann

Hi all,

I'm hoping one of our members might be able to give me some info (I was told this was an early AK47 bayonet) on this and roughly what it would be worth. I have a local collector who seems interested but neither of us know how to value it. There is no scabberd... never had one for it.

• 9 months later...

Dan - I know this an old topic , but I have only just seen it ! I don't have to confirm it is an AK47 - I think everyone would have instant recognition. We see quite a few of them - picked up in Angola and Rhodesia - I may be completely wrong , but I think it is the Romanian version. There were quite a number of different patterns , but, most have the wire-cutter on the blade and scabbard. There was an oval hole at the bottom of the blade - this fitted over a lug on the scabbard to give it a scissor action which was very effective on barbed wire. The Romanian pattern did not have this - but there were others, so perhaps someone else will have input ? Mervyn