:Cat-Scratch: He's wearing the M1942 uniform of the Nazi Reichs Ministry of the Occupied East (RMBO) with a rank title of MINISTERIALDIRIGENT which was the equivalent of a Generalmajor l!!!! :speechless1:

If you know his name, he must have been one of the top collaborators arrested at the end of the war-- if the Soviets didn't get him, or he didn't kill himself. :rolleyes:

Amazingly rare rare RARE photo. :catjava:

Yes, much better thank you. That is clearly a KVK ribbon in his buttonhole now. It is obviously rather fuzzy in the original.

I wanted to be very certain-- and I am-- about the wreaths inside his collar tabs. Lower ranks had half as many leaves wide. This is indeed a Ministerialdirigent-- and the ONLY decent photo of anyone of that rank I have EVER seen. :cheers:

Yes, much better thank you. That is clearly a KVK ribbon in his buttonhole now. It is obviously rather fuzzy in the original.

I wanted to be very certain-- and I am-- about the wreaths inside his collar tabs. Lower ranks had half as many leaves wide. This is indeed a Ministerialdirigent-- and the ONLY decent photo of anyone of that rank I have EVER seen. :cheers:

Hello!

Rick

WOW,Thank YOU. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice piccies :jumping::jumping::jumping::cheers:

I see lots of Heer Sonderfuhrer, an SS officer, and something completely unknown to me(second to last photo, man on the right side of the photo with the strange shoulder boards).

Almost looks like one of the Eastern Legions but I can't find a match for it.

Edited by Laurence Strong

I see lots of Heer Sonderfuhrer, an SS officer, and something completely unknown to me(second to last photo, man on the right side of the photo with the strange shoulder boards).

Hello!

Paul R

I agree,strange shoulder boards.

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul

The man with the strange shoulder boards, is a Zugf?hrer from a eastern unit. Which unit it is, is difficult to say. The colour of the piping would identify the unit. One possibility, is that he is an Armenian, which used golden yellow, as their colour.

All the best

Snoopy

Thanks Snoopy!! I would have never guessed. What publication should I get that explains this?

Paul

Hi Paul

Uniforms & Traditions of the german army 1933-1945, Vol. 2, by Angolia and Slicht, has a lot of detailed information about the uniforms and insignia of the eastern volunteers.

All the best

Snoopy