News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hallo gentlemen,

can someone help me finding information about Hauptmann Vollrad von Eickstedt.

The only things i know are:

born in K?slin on 23 Mar 1882

served in 5.Garde-Regiment zu Fu? in Potsdam pre war.

CO of Geschwaderschule in Freiburg.

Thank for your help.

Alex

Guest Rick Research

He was one of 78 recipients of the Ernestine House Order Knight 1st Class "mit Jahrezahlen" ("1914/1915") as Hauptmann, Flieger Ersatz Abteilung 3, Gotha on 19 July 1916.

Good thing we did all those wartime award rolls, huh? :catjava:

He was one of 78 recipients of the Ernestine House Order Knight 1st Class "mit Jahrezahlen" ("1914/1915") as Hauptmann, Flieger Ersatz Abteilung 3, Gotha on 19 July 1916.

Good thing we did all those wartime award rolls, huh? :catjava:

Great Information. Thank you all. It is possible to get more information about his carrier.

Where did he serve before WW1?

Wich awards got he?

Regards

Alex

Guest Rick Research

Before the war he had Prussian Lifesaving Medal on the ribbon and Crown Order 4th Class, and Saxe-Coburg Carl Eduard Medal 2nd Class.

He was transferred on detached duty to the flying troops from 5 GRzF before the war.

What have you GOT?

Before the war he had Prussian Lifesaving Medal on the ribbon and Crown Order 4th Class, and Saxe-Coburg Carl Eduard Medal 2nd Class.

He was transferred on detached duty to the flying troops from 5 GRzF before the war.

What have you GOT?

I have Hauptmann von Eickstedt as leader of the following units

? - Dec16 - Kampf-Einsitzer-Abteilung G.H.Q

Jan17 - Sep17 - Flieger-Wach Kommando Hpt.Qu. M?zi?res-Charleville (renamed KEA G.H.Q.)

i also know that he lwas C.O. of the Geschwaderschule Freiburg in Jul16.

This information are from a small group of an flight mechanic who served in this 2 units. Both are signed of Hauptmann von Eickstedt

as leader. Also the EK 2 document from Kampf-Einsitzer-Abteilung G.H.Q are signed by von Eickstedt.

So i want to find out everything about this Hauptmann.

Regards

Alex

Edited by jaba1914

• 1 year later...

Well, if you're really ambitious, Freiburg University has digitized the Freiburger Zeitung which may yield some information. It appears that column for local news usually appeared on the second page.

• 1 month later...

Hi Alex

I have that von Eickstedt died at Capri 26 Jan 42.

Have him at FEA 3 in 1915, so the note when he received the award was probably old...

Then I dont have exact dates, but later in 1915 he served BAM/KG2 (dont have specific Kasta) which unit he probably left in Feb 1916 for taking

command of the Flieger Beobachter Schule in Freiburg (apparently meaning the Militärfliegerschule Freiburg). This is a rather fuzzy unit and was probably

the base for creating the Geschwaderschule Freiburg there.

However it actually seems that he left for taking over KES GHQ Charleville already on 1 Aug 16, before the Geschwaderschule was formed.

Seems he stayed in this unit including the renaming you mentioned until Sep 1917.

Then is it noted that he took over command of an AFP, but I cant figure out which yet....

:unsure:

Gunnar