News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saxon Leib Grenadier Rgt 100

Hi Dave,

It's been a LONG time. I love your LGR100 officer tunic. Actually, I love all you uniforms. It would look good in my room and create a nice display wouldn't it?

Charles

Well, Charles, it looks a lot better now doesn't it? ;)

Chip

Oh yeah! I hate to admit it but the thrill is gone. :rolleyes: Well, almost gone but I guess search was more exciting than I thought.

It's very nice, very... :love:

• 6 years later...

Charles,

Since your tunic has the rank of Unteroffizier, the prong-backed cockades would not be incorrect. If they came on the cap and it already has the holes for them, I would just leave them on. That also solves the thread problem. ;)

Chip

Yes, that would solve my problem. Heck, I could convince myself that's why this Saxon mutze has the issue kokarden removed and NCO installed.

Charles,

I have a nearly untouched Mütze that has a sew-on enlisted national cockade and an prong-backed state cockade. I don't believe that it ever had a sew-on state cockade. I'm just saying that you don't have to convince yourself of anything.

Most Saxon sew-on cockades that I have seen in period photos are the smaller size (same size as a prong-backed example). I don't recall having seen one like you have shown.

Chip

img137.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, the squared top Saxon shoulder straps were discontinued with the new M1907 field uniform. I have seen a few examples, but all have appeared to be private purchase pieces.

Chip

• 1 month later...

Charles have you a pr of Saxon boots so you can make up a full mannequin. dam I hate to a stinker but please lose the lip hair its been bothering me for months, I've been building up nerve to finally mention it. I painted a similar mannequin's face once on a frenchman with glue then used old brushes, after it set trimmed it to give that period look, bit of facial rouge with cig. ash, done.

Eric

Edited by Hoss

ccj sorry is it Charles? Two or three pr came up awhile back they'd all been stored flat so it took a bit of work and I didn't want to use oil another collector has them now, I hope you enjoy the photos.

P2212866.JPG

P2212870.JPG

PC082419.JPG

PC082428.JPG

PC082429.JPG

ccj sorry is it Charles? Two or three pr came up awhile back they'd all been stored flat so it took a bit of work and I didn't want to use oil another collector has them now, I hope you enjoy the photos.

P2212866.JPG

P2212870.JPG

PC082419.JPG

PC082428.JPG

PC082429.JPG

Wow, so I am to get a pair? That's super nice!

I did see two other pr but these were the best imo. they may have been more. Chip your friend Roland has a wonderful pr of regular Prussian best I've seen, darn they are tough pre net I couldn't find any dated jobs out for sale they were all in collections.

Eric

I got mine on a trip to Germany in 1982. Traded them out of a German collector friend. Fortunately, they were so very lightly worn so that the markings on the sole are very visible. They are marked with the size "30 II" and the date "XII 16".

Chip

• 2 years later...