News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thai Collection

jshorter

I finally sat down this afternoon and mounted the display case of my Thai Orders & Medals. I still have 6 more medals that wouldn't fit in this case. Oh well, that just means I have to get some more medals to fill another one!! :D

Jason

gallery_3105_64_24726.jpg

Thanks, Megan! :D

I should add labels to these for those of you not too familar with Thai OMD. Here they are starting, in the upper left corner and working to the right:

1. Commemorative Medal on the Occasion of the Elevation of H. R. H. Princess Sirindhorn to the Title of "Princess Maha Chakri"
    2. Victory Medal for World War II
    3. Chakra Mala Medal
    4. Commander of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
    5. Serving Free People Medal
    6. Member of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
    7. Border Service Medal
    8. Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
    9. Chakrabarti Mala Medal
    10. Victory Medal for the Vietnam War
    11. Commander (Ladies) of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
    12. King Vajiravudh's Rajaruchi Medal
    13. King Bhumibol Adulyadej's Coronation Medal
    14. Freemen Safeguarding Medal - 2nd. class, category 2
    15. 25th. Buddhist Century Celebration Medal
    16. Commemorative Medal on the Occasion of the 6th. Cycle Birthday Anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit
    17. Red Cross Medal of Appreciation - 3rd. class
    18. Commander of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
    19. King Vajiravudh's Royal Cypher Medal - 3rd. class
    20. Member of the Most Admirable Order of the Direkgunabhorn
    21. Commemorative Medal of H. R. H. Prince Vajiralongkorn's Investiture as Crown Prince
    And the ones I don't have cased yet.....

1. Commemorative Medal (Ladies) on the Occasion of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej's Reign
    2. Companion of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
    3. Silver Jubilee Medal (Ladies) of B. E. 2514
    4. Silver Medal of the Crown of Thailand
    5. Silver Medal of the White Elephant
    6. Victory Medal for the Korean War
    Jason

Thanks for showing these, Jason. It's the first time I've seen Direkgunabhorn, which was established after my time in Thailand. Was there a reason why you chose not to mouont them in the official order of precedence?

Hugh

Here are more photos of the Member of the Most Admirable Order of the Direkgunabhorn.

Jason

Thanks for posting these, Jason. It's interesting that you can qualify for award of the order by Donation. It appears that they would vet the application, but basically the statutes sound as though you could just send in a check. The silver medal is 100,000 Baht (about $2,936) and the Grand Cross is 30,000,000 Baht ($880,798)! I'd be interested in comments from others on any additional vetting the Government would do in these cases. Do we have any Thai members?

Hugh

• 10 years later...
    On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2008 at 16:57, Hugh said:

Thanks for posting these, Jason. It's interesting that you can qualify for award of the order by Donation. It appears that they would vet the application, but basically the statutes sound as though you could just send in a check. The silver medal is 100,000 Baht (about $2,936) and the Grand Cross is 30,000,000 Baht ($880,798)! I'd be interested in comments from others on any additional vetting the Government would do in these cases. Do we have any Thai members?

Hugh

Forigners can not get this award by donation.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...