News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lt dR Hans Schmoller WW1 & Luftwaffe Reserve Observer Photo

Hi,

Attached is a very nice portrait for several reasons. Note the WWI Prussian Observer badge, cut out Silver wound badge, 1914 EK1, 1st model Luftwaffe dagger and summer cap....but what makes this a really rare studio portriat are the tabs...note that these are reserve flight tabs!

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

Hi,

Attached is a very nice portrait for several reasons. Note the WWI Prussian Observer badge, cut out Silver wound badge, 1914 EK1, 1st model Luftwaffe dagger and summer cap....but what makes this a really rare studio portriat are the tabs...note that these are reserve flight tabs!

Gary B

What an awesome Old Vet assortment of badges. I also love the Reserve insignia as well! Did you get this today?

Guest Rick Research

No name on back? :( I can't tell what his 2nd ribbon is, that small-- looks like either Baden or W?rttemberg.

Guest Rick Research

Post closeups of the ribbon bar and the back. If he's from the "right" imperial state... those award rolls are DONE... and you'll get mucho information. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

I was thinking more of Epson sized like

so I still can't see whaat the 2nd ribbon is. Not from baden unless he's one of the 60 or so where the war ink bled away from the last 900 entries. Possibly a W?rttemberger-- Daniel is still working on the Friedrichs Order Knights 2nd X.

Nice if eccentric rolypoly handwriting

Generaldirektor

Hans Schmoller

im Alter von 40 Jahren

I don't find him on my Rolls, so think he may be a W?rttemberger-- don't have those yet.

Name might ring bells with the WW1 aviation guys.

Will alter title accordingly to attract attention.