News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

3 Tinnies bought on a local fleamarket - Yesterday

Hello All,

Bought three tinnies yesterday on the local fleamarket. I think the silver left-sided tinnie is King Ludwig Regt - if anyone know could you please confirm it. Middle tinnie Dortmund Kreistag. Right-sided tinnie 21 Infantry Regt.- F?rther Garnisontag 1922.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

Bought three tinnies yesterday on the local fleamarket. I think the silver left-sided tinnie is King Ludwig Regt - if anyone know could you please confirm it. Middle tinnie Dortmund Kreistag. Right-sided tinnie 21 Infantry Regt.- F?rther Garnisontag 1922.

Regards

Hi Alec

You must know where to look, when i was in Germany i never found any thing. Tried to mention to my friends over there and it never seemed to go down at all well, so i let the matter drop.

My sister is over in Dortmund next month, can you give me clues on where to ask her to look for me please.

By the way forgot to mention, superb purchases, the more i see of day badges and tinnies the more interested i become, hope you have more interesting finds.

Regards

Paul

Hi Alec

You must know where to look, when i was in Germany i never found any thing. Tried to mention to my friends over there and it never seemed to go down at all well, so i let the matter drop.

My sister is over in Dortmund next month, can you give me clues on where to ask her to look for me please.

By the way forgot to mention, superb purchases, the more i see of day badges and tinnies the more interested i become, hope you have more interesting finds.

Regards

Paul

Hallo Warthog, :beer:

with regards where to look, your sis should ask the locals about the location of the "Floh-makt", alternatively they can be found advertised in the local newspaper in the small-adds section, or if you acquire the monthly magazine from the newsagents at the train station / airport in Germany, called "Trodler & Sammelen" its lists the Floh-makts by postcode for the entire of Germany.

But then you have to look at all the tables to try and spot something, (hopefully not a fake item!!) as most markets are not specifically for militaria items.

Kevin in Deva, :beer:

Hallo Warthog, :beer:

with regards where to look, your sis should ask the locals about the location of the "Floh-makt", alternatively they can be found advertised in the local newspaper in the small-adds section, or if you acquire the monthly magazine from the newsagents at the train station / airport in Germany, called "Trodler & Sammelen" its lists the Floh-makts by postcode for the entire of Germany.

But then you have to look at all the tables to try and spot something, (hopefully not a fake item!!) as most markets are not specifically for militaria items.

Kevin in Deva, :beer:

Hi Kevin

The help is much appreciated, will pass on the info to my sis and also e mail my friends over in Deutchland asking them to keep an eye open for me. Did not realise there are so many different and varied versions of day badges and tinnies.

Again many thanks for the help.

Regards

Paul

Hello Warthoq,

Sorry about taking so long replying to you. Kevin's guide line answer is correct as far as it goes. But I should like to add that today in Germany although its not forbidden to sell third reich items on flea-markets so long the swastika is covered over, many market traders choose not to display them - keeping items on themselves or just inside the car. Buyers must make a point of asking them extra, "if they have anything military to sell". After a time you get a bit of intuition who may possibly have anything. So avoid housewives selling second hand clothes - women generally don't go in for militaria - people selling computer games, electrical goods, look for traders selling antique style items, old clocks, books, etc. Not I'm sure a foolproof system, but one I generally go by.

Good Hunting

Hello Warthoq,

Sorry about taking so long replying to you. Kevin's guide line answer is correct as far as it goes. But I should like to add that today in Germany although its not forbidden to sell third reich items on flea-markets so long the swastika is covered over, many market traders choose not to display them - keeping items on themselves or just inside the car. Buyers must make a point of asking them extra, "if they have anything military to sell". After a time you get a bit of intuition who may possibly have anything. So avoid housewives selling second hand clothes - women generally don't go in for militaria - people selling computer games, electrical goods, look for traders selling antique style items, old clocks, books, etc. Not I'm sure a foolproof system, but one I generally go by.

Good Hunting

Hi Alec

Vielen danke fur dien shcribe, think thats spelt right. Is there anyone or place you could recomend in the Dortmund area?

Thanks for the reply

Drinken eine weise bier fur mich

:beer:

Hello Warthoq,

I live in the other end of the country, I've no first hand experience of Dortmund- but looking through flea-market dates at Dortmund there are markets - every Tuesday at Dortmund-Wabel on Mehrzwecksplatz, Wambler Hellweg - Every Wednesday at Hilda strasse - every Thursday Dortmund-Wambel at the Rennbahn (race-track) - every Saturday again Hilda strasse - University parkplatz, Emil-Figge strasse - Fredenbaumpark Festplatz Eber strasse

I hope this helps - good hunting

regards

Hello Warthoq,

I live in the other end of the country, I've no first hand experience of Dortmund- but looking through flea-market dates at Dortmund there are markets - every Tuesday at Dortmund-Wabel on Mehrzwecksplatz, Wambler Hellweg - Every Wednesday at Hilda strasse - every Thursday Dortmund-Wambel at the Rennbahn (race-track) - every Saturday again Hilda strasse - University parkplatz, Emil-Figge strasse - Fredenbaumpark Festplatz Eber strasse

I hope this helps - good hunting

regards

Hi Alec

Vielen Danke. I will pass this information on to my sister, and then just hope for the best.

Are you anywhere near the Black Forest?

Regards

Paul