News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I NEED YOUR HELP!

Hello all,

I bought two medal bars from one seller and when the second bar arrived, I wasn't happy what I saw.

First two place bar looked fine (actually I didn't had much time to check it well), but now, when I compare them, I am sure they are made up fakes. I tried to do lots of pictures and maybe you can confirm my tougts and point out as well whats wrong with them.

Also question remains, is the awards fine. I am not expert but I think they are good.

I am sure the seller didn't known as well what he was selling and he is interested to solve this situation as well. Like I heard, he bought the bars from Germany Ebay seller.

Rick confirmed already that the three place one is BAD (thank you again, but can you point it out here as well please).

I. Two place medal bar with KVK2mS/Croatia medal

II. Three place medal bar withKVK2mS/West wall/Croatia medal

07597477dd614a_o.jpg

07597481756090_o.jpg

- plate looks brand new and the pin system - there has to be some corrosion afer 63 years or at least not so bright!

075974857474dc_o.jpg

Also what point out that they are from same place is that the pin system is exact same. Even the pin bending markes...

Three place bar:

07597487cd7cc2_l.jpg

Two place bar

0759748938f0d5_l.jpg

AND BLACKLIGHT TEST...

- Ribbons look brand new and two first German ribbons from three place bar are under blacklight bright and shiny!

07577907ef5353_l.jpg

Colors inverted>

07598035f9183a_o.jpg

Edited by Noor

While in no way competent to evaluate these bars, I can tell you that Croat awards (including Zvinomir and Trifoil medals) have been extensively faked; compare the two illustrated here with examples shown in Angola's books. The evidence & points you have discussed as to the apparent workmanship, ribbon age, and overall condition speak for themselves.

I saw the top one and assumed by its nature it to be a fake.

Con men classically add a "teaser" element to a bar-typically a foreign medal (or two).

Such awards were rare and unusual and frankly, I'm at the point where I assume anything unusual is a fake first and then work backwards to prove its innocence (so to speak).

Sorry you got burned.

I doubt the KvKxs are fake though.

Dear Noor, :beer:

Again it pays to look for advice and opinions before spending your cash.

There are more than enough people in our forum willing to offer help and advice

if asked BEFORE you decide to spend.

It the long run it will save you money.

Kevin in Deva. :beer: