News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sergeant Mikhail Mironovich Dokuchits

Hi Ed-

His name was Mikhail Mironovich Dokuchits.

He was Sergeant, born in 1918.

I can't read where he was from, but he didn't have party affiliation.

He was Russian, and served in the Red Army from September 1939 to July 1946 (wow! he wasn't discharged immediately after the war...rather unusual...)

He served in the First Guards Tank Regiment, as an Avtomatchik (I'm sure someone has the translation for that).

Interestingly, his award card was filled out in 1956...but his medal book was filled out in 1957!

He was awarded his For Valor under Prikaz 22/N from the First Guards Tank "Stanislav" Regiment dated 25 September 1944.

The rest of the documents are readable, but my dictionaries are unaccessable at the moment...if no one else gets them, I'll give 'em a try a bit later!

Dave

Guest Rick Research

Why is the I Am Allllllll Allllllllllone In The Enttttttttttttire Worrrrrrrrrrrrrrld RUSSIAN always posted at night my time after a day of straining over wretchedly endless WW1 German Sutterlin award rolls? :banger:

He was a 3-stripes on his straps Serzhant, born in the village of Shurgenevsky, Bayandaevsky Raion, Irkhutskaya Oblast.

Machine gunner.

At time ARC was filled out (14. month obscured by stamp but might be December 1956) he was a loader at the Slavgorodsky Factory "Progress" with home address AS that factory in Dnepropetrovskaya Oblast.

Original decree was from his 1st Guards Tank Regiment on 25.9.44.

Huff puff. Re-affix bandages to bleeding fingies. ...

Guest Rick Research

OK, I'm back from weeping over my ruined concert piano career... :catjava:

It's very terse as these regimental level awards often are--

As machine gunner in the machine gun company, Guards Private Dokuchits broke through the enemy lines at Nastashin, Konyushin, and Lyud(v?)inovka and eliminated 13 Hitlerites with his machinegun.

It adds that he was a Komsomol member.

So nothing there to explain the late award. Nothing to indicate a disabling wound-- and his discharge date seems to belie that. maybe he just got transferred elsewhere and the paperwork got lost.

He served in the First Guards Tank Regiment, as an Avtomatchik (I'm sure someone has the translation for that).

I've heard "automatchik" used to name SMG armed soldiers. By 1943 there was a 94 man SMG company in each separate tank regiment. Lack of development and production of an APC meant that infantry accompanying the tanks on the offense were either on foot, rode in trucks (not always viable in the terrain the tank could traverse) or rode on the tank decks. The "tank riders." Perhaps this was the role he was in.