News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian bar - opinions sought

Richarddwh

I recently acquired this Austrian bar, it was quite reasonably priced, though unspectacular. I was wondering as to whether it is original. The white stitching and the freshness of the Jubilee medal ribbon led me to question it, know I am also thinking should there be a long service award in there also? Any opinions appreciated!

Guest Rick Research

Yeah, that 3rd one's been replaced. The Tyrol WWI Commemorative in last place has the medal mounted back to front.

I've seen similar combinations to old Landwehr types with the 1898 medal on its MILITARY ribbon becacuse they were doing their draftee service 1897-99 or 1898-1900, but the civil service ribbon as here is much less likely because I think that required 10 years or being at least 30 to get... which would have made him REALLY old in 1918!

• 2 months later...